Wake Forest

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Colin Hall gets a shoutout from me. Two weeks ago I was ready to send him to the bench permanently, but he’s gotten hot for us and tonight was a huge reason we scored those runs in the 8th. Need some of our relievers to flip the switch like Hall has done!

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Amazing control today by Connor with 17 SOs and one walk. Best pitcher performance since ....... ? As good as anything Buck Farmer did and he was great.

We are now 9-2 ACC at home. Only -1 to 500. Looks for sure we'll go to the ACC tourney. Not a top 4 seed, but we'll go.

Get the sweep tomorrow. What will English do? Hope he keeps the bullpen out of the picture.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Amazing control today by Connor with 17 SOs and one walk. Best pitcher performance since ....... ? As good as anything Buck Farmer did and he was great.

We are now 9-2 ACC at home. Only -1 to 500. Looks for sure we'll go to the ACC tourney. Not a top 4 seed, but we'll go.

Get the sweep tomorrow. What will English do? Hope he keeps the bullpen out of the picture.

Bullpen is rested :cool:

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I'm hoping that English can give us 7 tommorow, then go Carpenter and Archer for the win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm hoping that English can give us 7 tommorow, then go Carpenter and Archer for the win.

If the game is close and we need the bullpen here's the groupings of pitchers I'd like to see:

Top tier: Archer, Carpenter, Hurter

Middle tier (no order): Winborne, Brace, Datoc, Lee, Combs

Others (no order): Mannelly, Ben S, Shirah, Serratos, Neuber, Chapman, Crawford, Gibson, Wiseman, Hughes, Gooden

Point here is we have a lot of options. It's just that they haven't been effective options in the last month.

Deleted member 2897

If the game is close and we need the bullpen here's the groupings of pitchers I'd like to see:

Top tier: Archer, Carpenter, Hurter

Middle tier (no order): Winborne, Brace, Datoc, Lee, Combs

Others (no order): Mannelly, Ben S, Shirah, Serratos, Neuber, Chapman, Crawford, Gibson, Wiseman, Hughes, Gooden

Point here is we have a lot of options. It's just that they haven't been effective options in the last month.

So how about we warm up 10 pitchers when we start to look like we need relief and then regardless of what we may have thought, we go with who looks like they have good stuff.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So how about we warm up 10 pitchers when we start to look like we need relief and then regardless of what we may have thought, we go with who looks like they have good stuff.
I like that idea, but we only have 2 bullpen mounds.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I went to the game today and was well rewarded. CT we awesome, the most Ks I have ever witnessed. I stayed around and watched the on field celebration, CT was mobbed by his team, a beautiful sight.

I obviously didn't go, but stopped what I was doing to watch when CT was pitching his last three innings. Totally impressive. They caught part of the mob scene on TV too. I didn't listen to the TV game but Wiley on WREK did a great great job of calling the game. I won't be surprised if Wiley doesn't end up doing pro games at some point.