Wake Forest

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
15-3 now. By my unofficial count, 4 of the runs they've scored reached via the walk. An additional was hit by a pitch. And 6 of their runs either scored or advanced 1 base due to a wild pitch (or multiple wild pitches).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
That was not a good effort today, but the one positive that I'm taking from the game is Kel Johnson going 4 for 5 with a HR.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Hughes was terrible. I saw his parents sitting in the stands late in the game. I really felt bad for them. Jonboy seems to being going downhill with each start.
The rest of the pitchers we threw,except S., were pitchers in name only.I can't understand how we carry such pitchers on the team. Do they not have talent, or do we have a terrible pitching coach? Let.s hope that Shadday has a great game tomorrow and we win a series. By the way, Kel was 4 for 5 with a double and home run. His out was a liner to CF. We actually out hit them

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hughes was terrible. I saw his parents sitting in the stands late in the game. I really felt bad for them. Jonboy seems to being going downhill with each start.
The rest of the pitchers we threw,except S., were pitchers in name only.I can't understand how we carry such pitchers on the team. Do they not have talent, or do we have a terrible pitching coach? Let.s hope that Shadday has a great game tomorrow and we win a series. By the way, Kel was 4 for 5 with a double and home run. His out was a liner to CF. We actually out hit them
Mostly no coaching is what I'm leaning towards...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well yesterday sucked. At least plenty of pitchers got experience (tic).

Like I said earlier, the biggest disappointment this year to me has been fielding, then pitching.

Oh well, a 9 run unearned loss offset by a 1 run overtime win.

Seems the only games we win lately are in overtime.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's good to see our coach isn't the only one who calls for stupid bunts. WF has a .431 OBP batter lay down a bunt that ends up getting the lead runner. This after a single and a four-pitch walk by our famous bullpen. Stupid.

Of course we then HBP and balk the runner on 2nd in anyway, without the defense having a chance to do anything.

5-2 WF in the 5th.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's good to see our coach isn't the only one who calls for stupid bunts. WF has a .431 OBP batter lay down a bunt that ends up getting the lead runner. This after a single and a four-pitch walk by our famous bullpen. Stupid.

Of course we then HBP and balk the runner on 2nd in anyway, without the defense having a chance to do anything.

5-2 WF in the 5th.

Just SMH!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
@Lagrangejacket... There have been numerous dubious bunt attempts/decisions since our exchange during the OU game. From opponents & Jackets alike. I think about you every time. Pretty sure I'm with you on nearly all of them.

I think Poje squared on his 3rd AB Friday night after hitting HRs in his first 2 at bats. Never bunted; but that was a head scratcher.

I still like small ball... but I like beer too... & nobody says that's good for me either.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow - we get a would-be inning ending strikeout, but the batter reaches first. Two runs score, now 7-3.

We had a chance to keep it close, but time is running out now.

@Lagrangejacket... There have been numerous dubious bunt attempts/decisions since our exchange during the OU game. From opponents & Jackets alike. I think about you every time. Pretty sure I'm with you on nearly all of them.

I think Poje squared on his 3rd AB Friday night after hitting HRs in his first 2 at bats. Never bunted; but that was a head scratcher.

I still like small ball... but I like beer too... & nobody says that's good for me either.
When you recruit kids that are bombers in HS and summer ball, it is hard for them to bunt. Bunting is a acquired art. I'm 100% agreement on why would you have run producers lay down a sac? We have shown the ability to hit w/ runners in scoring positon. Definitely a head scratcher.

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
When you recruit kids that are bombers in HS and summer ball, it is hard for them to bunt. Bunting is a acquired art. I'm 100% agreement on why would you have run producers lay down a sac? We have shown the ability to hit w/ runners in scoring positon. Definitely a head scratcher.

At least it was Wake and not us, this time. Looks like it won't matter.

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This team is tough to watch. Tech is its own worst enemy. Pitching is subpar and the defense makes too many mistakes almost every game. We probably average 2 errors a game in conference. We have no first basemen this year with English out. It amazes me how year in and year out we walk people like crazy. Its tough to win with mediocre pitching and bad defense. Our hitting approach is awful as well. Every player seems very pull happy and rarely goes the opposite field. We strikeout like crazy. Have no clue why we put Peurifoy in the 2hole. He is terrible hitting wise. Outside of the homer on Friday not sure he has really done anything this year at the plate. He is batting .240 for the year btw.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I like Puerifoy and am grateful that he chose Tech, but I think it's time for Carter Hall or Brandt Stallings to take over in center. Other than his HR on Friday, Puer has been tough to watch this year and last year for that matter. I also think it's time for a new pitching coach because 8 walks is ridiculous for one series, let alone one game. Maybe the Boston College pitching coach will be willing to relocate to Atlanta next year.