Wake Forest

Deleted member 2897

Got a man to third top 10 but nothing doing. Sigh, we need to steal a win.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
What a game! Huge drop by their catcher that would've ended the game before we got 3 in the 9th. I thought Xa really battled and gave us some innings when he didn't have his best stuff. We really needed this one to hopefully get us on a roll. Also, I hate their field. I feel like Poje would've caught that ball in right that lead to a run if it weren't for that incline at the track

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
And the all turf field is just weird to me too. I know multiple teams have gone to that, but standing in a carpet batters box, or sliding on carpet, or fielding short hops or top spin bouncers on carpet is totally different. I guess it's a good home field advantage for them. And it's no wonder that they lead the (nation?) in homers with that short porch

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Never give up on this team because they don't give up.

It's all about the journey (tic).

This game shows the baseball Gods aren't totally against us. The unearned win last night somewhat makes up for the unearned losses due to our errors/misplays last week. Great to see we made ZERO errors yesterday.

Burned three pitchers on both sides. Curry is developing - 5.1 innings, would have been nice to get to 6. But he was up at 94 pitches. Really discouraging that he couldn't find the strike zone to start .... double on 3-1 count, HBP and 6 pitch walk is not the way to start the game. But he worked it back to about 60% strikes after he found the zone. Glad we have him for another two years.

Datoc ok in mid relief and Zac got it back again with 3 scoreless innings and 50 pitches.

No errors. Nice to see.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
It's all about the journey (tic).

This game shows the baseball Gods aren't totally against us. The unearned win last night somewhat makes up for the unearned losses due to our errors/misplays last week. Great to see we made ZERO errors yesterday.

Burned three pitchers on both sides. Curry is developing - 5.1 innings, would have been nice to get to 6. But he was up at 94 pitches. Really discouraging that he couldn't find the strike zone to start .... double on 3-1 count, HBP and 6 pitch walk is not the way to start the game. But he worked it back to about 60% strikes after he found the zone. Glad we have him for another two years.

Datoc ok in mid relief and Zac got it back again with 3 scoreless innings and 50 pitches.

No errors. Nice to see.
Wow!!! Was listening & turned it off in T9 after we gave up the 2 run shot in B8 w/ 2 out. Sounds like Datoc had a good putting except for one bad pitch. Maybe this will be the game that turns the season around. It takes a lot of character to win a game like that, especially leading up to the 9th where we were 1-10 with RISP and had stranded 9

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Those uniforms were ugly, but now new. The announcer said they had worn them once two years ago. Donate them to some softball team.
That was a pure gift of a game, although we did not make any errors. I was impressed that the pitching coach took Curry out of the windup. He was fine after that, wild pitching out of full windup.
How many strike outs did we have, I know we had twelve of our guys go down in the first six innings.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How many strike outs did we have, I know we had twelve of our guys go down in the first six innings.
Don't know the final K tally... but it was way too many. This was indeed a gift wrapped W curtesy of Wake... & Poje gets credit too.

Need to parlay this into a big road weekend. Come out strong early today. Wake has to be reeling. Take advantage.