Wake Forest preparation week.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For those going to the game make sure you check out the pre-game entertainment. One of our GTSwarm members (@MonroeJacket) will be playing at 5pm.

Attachments

• Cody Parks concert.jpg
    Cody Parks concert.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 30

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Redshirt senior linebacker Grant Dawson

More quotes and videos here:
http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101717aab.html

What the Wake Forest coach said makes a lot of sense. I am sure he will have his team ready to play. One thing struck me that a lot of opposing fans probably don't quite get is that our version of the triple option is a different breed of animal from Army or Navy. There are different blocking schemes especially and the coaches are probably a little different in their approaches. It looks the same to the untrained eye but it's not. Of course, the biggest difference in the few times I have seen army and navy play is the combo of Marshall and Benson. You don't have that same sense of "we need to watch those guys or they will take this game over" with the Army and Navy backs.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Clawson has class.. He was asked about chop blocking. He answered it very logically.. Put it to rest. Called it a cut block and said they even cut blocked. That earned some respect. Classy man.
Agree, Clawson goes about it the right way, I really wish other coaches would own up to the fact that they cut block at given points during games, would certainly help educate some of their own fan base that there is a difference between chop and cut.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
It's always great to hear our guys in interviews. Well-spoken with clearly thought out answers. And, where else are you going to hear an O-Lineman accurately use the word "dichotomy" in an interview?