Wake Forest preparation week.

A part of me wants marshall to use his RS this year and come back next year, if only because he can focus on getting his mba too like im sure jordan will be doing. The othe rbit would completely understand if he wanted to start using that degree to earn a living.
We are fortunate that we have had a lot of players down thru the years that are exceptional football players, but football is not their entire life. It is a valuable part of their college experience, and for a lot, it is a means toward an end. It is one other thing that sets Tech apart from so many others schools. It would be great if he comes back, but these guys see the bigger picture.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The older I have gotten, the less emotional I am after losses. I haven’t been truly mad about a game in a long time. I was at Mercedes benz for the TN loss and for whatever reason, this Miami loss was way worse and made me really angry and frustrated for the first time in a while.

I would rather lose 30-0 and accept we just aren’t good enough to win a game, but losing games like the Miami game is a very hard pill to swallow. I’m still a little hot about it and it’s been 3 days. I wont lie, I’m a little deflated about the rest of season after last weekend.

I hope we continue to win and don’t spiral down and go like 6-5. But I was pumped thinking about wake forest night game, tailgating etc, but now my excitement is just way down for this weekend.
As much as I kind of felt the same way after the game, I think it's important to remember that we went down to the house of the #7/8 team in the country, playing most of the game with our 3rd string BB, and lost by 1 in a game that we should have won. If you think Miami is a good team, we are at least on the same level as them. I have a lot of hope and faith in our team, and still don't see a game on the schedule that we can't win. If we can just learn how to close out these games, we'll beat anyone on our schedule. 9-2 regular season is still possible.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Time will tell how good Miami is, but I thought we played a seriously good team last Saturday. Their defense is fast and physical. They have a pretty good back, a good quarterback who will probably get better as the season goes along, and some pro-looking receivers.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Time will tell how good Miami is, but I thought we played a seriously good team last Saturday. Their defense is fast and physical. They have a pretty good back, a good quarterback who will probably get better as the season goes along, and some pro-looking receivers.
They're definitely good, but I still think we're a better team. Without the KirVonte injury we flat out roll them. Even with that we took them to the last second and lost by 1 with a fluke play to keep them in it. We really just need to stop losing these games where we outplay the other team until the very end...just looking at ESPN's "win probability" for the UT and Miami games makes me pissed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Miami outplayed us in the second half....even with that onside kick. Gotta play well all 4qtrs...and in OT when necessary.

I'm not saying duhU is the better team....but they were last Saturday.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Stat sheet doesn't always tell the whole story. IMO the last drive of the first half and the last drive of the game inflated those numbers majorly. Of course that's part of the game but it's still not the whole story.
It’s the part that matters. We had multiple opportunities to put it away and failed to do it each and every time.

BigJacket

Banned
It’s the part that matters. We had multiple opportunities to put it away and failed to do it each and every time.

This. We had a minimum of 5 + opportunities vs UM and UT to make fairly routine plays that would have put either game out of reach. Against UM I knew it would come back to haunt us if we lost when we were winning 21-13 with First and Goal at the six and couldn't punch it in. I think it would have almost been impossible for them to beat us if we got the TD there and went up 28-13.

It's been truly bizarre seeing us lose these painful gut wrenching losses so far, where it felt like each time we were literally a play or two away from winning each game by at least 2 TD's. Having one loss like UT or UM is painful enough for a season, much less two. We will know a lot about this team come Sat night vs WF. If they can bounce back again and get the W then I like for us to finish strong and get to 7 or 8 wins. Next year could be special with TQM, maybe a 10+ win season if we can get some depth on OL

Last edited:

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Wake will not be a push over. We can't be sloppy like we were against UNCheat and expect to win. Injuries may be a big factor if Benson out. We will need our A game. They have had a week to rest and heal.

The older I have gotten, the less emotional I am after losses. I haven’t been truly mad about a game in a long time. I was at Mercedes benz for the TN loss and for whatever reason, this Miami loss was way worse and made me really angry and frustrated for the first time in a while.

I would rather lose 30-0 and accept we just aren’t good enough to win a game, but losing games like the Miami game is a very hard pill to swallow. I’m still a little hot about it and it’s been 3 days. I wont lie, I’m a little deflated about the rest of season after last weekend.

I hope we continue to win and don’t spiral down and go like 6-5. But I was pumped thinking about wake forest night game, tailgating etc, but now my excitement is just way down for this weekend.

LOL...I am now the same way. Funniest thing was I believe the game that we lost where I was just berserk mad was 1996 losing to Navy. I couldn't go to the game so I watched it on TV. It was our chance to go bowling. By the way CPJ was the O coordinator for Navy that year.

BigJacket

Banned
Wake will not be a push over. We can't be sloppy like we were against UNCheat and expect to win. Injuries may be a big factor if Benson out. We will need our A game. They have had a week to rest and heal.

Wake is no longer Weak Forest, this game will more than likely come down to one of the last couple of possessions late in the 4th to decide the winner. We could easily lose this game if not ready to play

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Wake is no longer Weak Forest, this game will more than likely come down to one of the last couple of possessions late in the 4th to decide the winner. We could easily lose this game if not ready to play
You say that like our previous games against Wake were blow outs

PantherWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
The two losses have been disappointing, but I have a great deal of optimism about how this team will finish the season. The new AD seems interested in embracing ATL as a recruitment tool instead of pretending that GT isn’t part of the city. This team can still have a special season and Saturday night at Bobby Dodd for homecoming will hopefully be the start of that run.

The opportunities have been there to put teams away in both losses, just execute.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I agree with this, same as any opponent, but i also know we can crush Wk if our guys put it all together.