Waffle House Wednesday: Brent Key

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Well, because someone brought up beer... Anyone else super impressed with Wild Leap this last year? Literally every liquor store I've talked to has said they're the best brewery to come out in years and they're easily one of the best (if not THE best) in the state. Like, they can't keep enough of their stuff on the shelves for demand. If you haven't tried 'em yet, grab anything with their name on it, but specifically go for the stouts.

To keep my post from getting migrated to a mod created beer thread in the Swarm Lounge: Brent Key seems like a really cool dude. All of the comments about how well the staff is getting along is really encouraging. I also enjoy how highly each staff member talks about Collins and his vision. Seems like everyone has bought in, which is how you create an effective culture.

White_Gold

GT Athlete

Dunno whats gotten into Coach Key tonight, but he fired up.

It’s an exciting situation. I know that he’s (and the rest of the coaches) are fired up 24/7/365 to turn around the .580 and .579 winning percentages of the past regimes.

And who wouldn’t be? There’s been so much lost potential the last 10 years, coaching staff recognizes they’ve got a big diamond in the rough. Time to polish.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
coaching staff recognizes they’ve got a big diamond in the rough. Time to polish.

It's kinda crazy that the biggest non-believers of the whole "GT is a sleeping giant" thing is our very own fans. Other coaches in college football have said it, the media has said it, HS coaches have said it, other team's fans have said it (my UGA buddy is one, and he's hoping Kirby Smart continues to recruit at ridiculous levels so he doesn't have to hear it from me when we beat UGA)...and they've been saying it for years. History has shown GT CAN win at elite levels (1990 national championship, Joe Hamilton/George O'Leary years, ACCCG 2006, 2009 ACC Champs & OB, 2014 OB and ACCCG), yet our own fans are in denial about our potential.

As I said in another thread, winning cures all. Just win, baby!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I find it funny that the guys who complain the most about our divided fanbase are the ones pushing divisiveness the most. I mean at every turn they slam the previous staff or anyone not drinking the Kool-Aid out of a firehose. It’s freaking ridiculous. If you really want a united fan base it’s simple just shut the F up.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I find it funny that the guys who complain the most about our divided fanbase are the ones pushing divisiveness the most. I mean at every turn they slam the previous staff or anyone not drinking the Kool-Aid out of a firehose. It’s freaking ridiculous. If you really want a united fan base it’s simple just shut the F up.

I think we would all do well to realize that the competition between the old staff and the new exists mostly in our heads. It is unnecessary to take pot shots at the old staff and it is equally unnecessary to pour cold water on what the new staff is doing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think we would all do well to realize that the competition between the old staff and the new exists mostly in our heads. It is unnecessary to take pot shots at the old staff and it is equally unnecessary to pour cold water on what the new staff is doing.
For me, I like a lot of what I see from the new staff. Some stuff I don't or rather don't get the hype associated with it or see some as manufactured. But that's what discussion boards are for... to discuss. I hope we go undefeated next year and every year as does anyone who calls themselves a Tech fan. I'd love for us to fill the roster with "elite" recruits and turn GT into the mecca of college football. But if you promise me the moon, you better get me the moon.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
It's kinda crazy that the biggest non-believers of the whole "GT is a sleeping giant" thing is our very own fans. Other coaches in college football have said it, the media has said it, HS coaches have said it, other team's fans have said it (my UGA buddy is one, and he's hoping Kirby Smart continues to recruit at ridiculous levels so he doesn't have to hear it from me when we beat UGA)...and they've been saying it for years. History has shown GT CAN win at elite levels (1990 national championship, Joe Hamilton/George O'Leary years, ACCCG 2006, 2009 ACC Champs & OB, 2014 OB and ACCCG), yet our own fans are in denial about our potential.

As I said in another thread, winning cures all. Just win, baby!
Some of the worst GT fans, are GT fans.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For me, I like a lot of what I see from the new staff. Some stuff I don't or rather don't get the hype associated with it or see some as manufactured. But that's what discussion boards are for... to discuss. I hope we go undefeated next year and every year as does anyone who calls themselves a Tech fan. I'd love for us to fill the roster with "elite" recruits and turn GT into the mecca of college football. But if you promise me the moon, you better get me the moon.
Another thread derail - cant we enjoy wednesdays waffles.

How many think we are going to fill the roster w elite players.?
Laughable to think more than 0.

Head over to the thread made for this stuff and give us the names of the dreaded ilk. They need help.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, because someone brought up beer... Anyone else super impressed with Wild Leap this last year?

Yes. My buddy and I were talking about the same thing over the weekend. They are really doing some good stuff down there. They are surpassing Creature Comforts ( the best thing to come out of Athens in years ) for me.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Another thread derail - cant we enjoy wednesdays waffles.

How many think we are going to fill the roster w elite players.?
Laughable to think more than 0.

Head over to the thread made for this stuff and give us the names of the dreaded ilk. They need help.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we have ever signed a 5-star recruit (Calvin was an underrated 4-star, IIRC). I think an excellent goal would be to get a five star recruit. Even just one, for now. Other recruits would take notice and so would the fans. Personally, I would start swilling the KoolAid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think we have ever signed a 5-star recruit (Calvin was an underrated 4-star, IIRC). I think an excellent goal would be to get a five star recruit. Even just one, for now. Other recruits would take notice and so would the fans. Personally, I would start swilling the KoolAid.

Not so fast please.
This year if we win 8 games and get one 5 star, we will need animal and cheese etc to stop us from actually having crazed "we are elite now" delusional thoughts.

Miles to go!.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Calvin was a 5 star. He wasn't a unanimous 5 star. One of the services had him rated a 4 star.