#VTvsGT Homecoming Postgame Thread

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
You have to consider who was being hired for the position as to whether it was a good contract or not, you can't just ignore that. Regardless of how he has performed, he was not qualified enough to demand that kind of money or those terms in the first place.

Using your logic, hiring an 18 year old fresh out of high school at 1 million a year would have been a great deal for Tech because we paid significantly less than the P5 average.
lol. If that 18 year old was the DC at Florida and Miss State for 5 years, decent FBS coach for 2 years, has a positive history with Tech, yes i would hire him and pay him at the lower end of the payscale for P5 coaches. That's pretty much the progression for new P5 coaches. What you shouldn't do is what Nebraska did with Scott Frost.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
By the way, I'm not saying his coaching is good and i don't think his performance is acceptable and i think he will be gone if he has another year like this one next year. I just think the decision making process and contract value was commensurate for the hire at the time.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We almost always line up spread out. The D spreads with us giving us some chance to run (if we could block). But when it is short yardage we still line up in spread the field but the D loads the box and we run into not only overmatch but also out numbered. We do not adjust or change and we get 3 seasons of this and as a result we cannot make short yardage. Where is our short yardage formation and bigger players for short yardage ? Why not try our short yardage play, with 2 backs, having one back up the middle area, one going outside and Sims a threat to run the other side. We need something more creative than a simple to read back taking a slow deep handoff going off guard behind an OL overmatched and outnumbered..

Thought i would add a photo.
Is this a proper defensive alignments for our free safety.

Saftey started 20 yds back but on snap moved back to 25yds
In picture he is moving towards los but still 22 yds deep - as their qb breaks thru the lb.

Attachments

• 20211030_132345_copy_1008x567.jpg
    20211030_132345_copy_1008x567.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 29