VS NC A&T

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll take any W we can get. If C-Matt isn't playing more, my guess is that it's his defense keeping him off the court. This might the perfect tweet.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we just post whatever is written in the AP write-up now... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/122816aaa.html

BIG PICTURE

Georgia Tech: It's probably going to be ugly at the next practice or two for the Jackets, who played much of this game as if they'd never practiced or played together. With North Carolina looming as the first of 18 ACC games (and a non-conference contest against Tusculum on Feb. 7), Tech did not look ready to play competitive basketball.

gtdoceulaw

Jolly Good Fellow
Ugly win but we need to take what we can get because the ACC slate is next and things could get ugly fast out of the gate.
On a separate note, does anyone know what kind of hit our RPI took in a close W against a team that was 1-11 entering last night's game?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Our talent and depth wore A&T down. That's what good team do. This was your typical trap game with the big showdown coming up on Saturday.

I'm sorry I have to disagree here. This was not a trap game. BC is a trap game. Tulane was a trap game. Wofford was a trap game. Those teams at least have players who if they get hot can make it a long night. NC A&T is an AWFUL team that any ACC program should beat by 20. BC being up 20 over PC and ultimately winning by 12 a couple of games after beating Auburn should really concern us about that game. I had thought until recently we may have a shot against Wake. But then last night Wake hung (and led) with FSU before Dwayne Bacon said "Hey guys, just give me the damn ball"

Talent has no impact on heart or intensity. For some reason we have played with little of either lately against bad teams. I maintain my pre-season prediction of 1 conference win and I'm shaky on getting that right now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll take any W we can get. If C-Matt isn't playing more, my guess is that it's his defense keeping him off the court. This might the perfect tweet.

Great picture. I watched part of the game and decided reading the highly uplifting (not) "Last Days of the Incas" and sleep was preferable to watching us walk through the game.

At least we won. Beats losing. I have no idea how we are going to win an ACC game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Re watching the game now.

At home, against a 1-11 team that was starting a walk on, we started 0-7 from the field.

Help me MJW, you're our only hope.....

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You have to love JMo though. He has improved a great deal so far this season. Rebounding his own misses. Effort on D. Moves the ball

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
w8til8lmdq9cluclgzst

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry I have to disagree here. This was not a trap game. BC is a trap game. Tulane was a trap game. Wofford was a trap game. Those teams at least have players who if they get hot can make it a long night. NC A&T is an AWFUL team that any ACC program should beat by 20. BC being up 20 over PC and ultimately winning by 12 a couple of games after beating Auburn should really concern us about that game. I had thought until recently we may have a shot against Wake. But then last night Wake hung (and led) with FSU before Dwayne Bacon said "Hey guys, just give me the damn ball"

Talent has no impact on heart or intensity. For some reason we have played with little of either lately against bad teams. I maintain my pre-season prediction of 1 conference win and I'm shaky on getting that right now.
I was being sarcastic Pea. I should've specified so you didn't waste your time replying. Lol. My bad my man.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Work is really jacking up my sports watching. I think I'm glad I missed out on this one though. Was following the score on my iPhone & was thinking our program was going to implode if we lost this game. I don't know how you'd shake off a loss to a 1 win team that has to be one of the worst in all of college basketball. Feel bad for the team but they are responsible for how they play. This level of suck can't be just coaching could it?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Work is really jacking up my sports watching. I think I'm glad I missed out on this one though. Was following the score on my iPhone & was thinking our program was going to implode if we lost this game. I don't know how you'd shake off a loss to a 1 win team that has to be one of the worst in all of college basketball. Feel bad for the team but they are responsible for how they play. This level of suck can't be just coaching could it?

Nah. The talent (especially in the FC) or D1 experience just isn't there. We are the least experienced team in all of college basketball I am pretty sure. The seniors we do have......they play BG ball as I've come to call it. Scripted, boring, uncreative basketball and they continuously make poor decisions because I doubt they have ever been focal points of an offense. Q is trying to do too much. He doesn't drive, he doesnt take people off the dribble. But we need his rebounding. Last night JMo was getting Q in position on a few plays. That's a frosh, directing the most experienced player on our roster.

Everything wrong with our play and our makeup is on Gregory. These results are on Gregory. His inability to recruit has brought the on court product of GTMBB to its lowest level in 3 decades.

I'd say this is the best coaching our program has rcvd in 6 years.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Man Peac that's a sad commentary on our state of affairs. I got to watch great basketball at the TiT as a youngster with Price, Salley, Joseph, etc. To see what we've become in basketball is disturbing. Bud Peterson needs to climb down out of his ivory tower & witness first hand the fruits of his labor, then resign. This is not the kind of product our institute should be putting out.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been to the Shorter, Southern, Sam Houston State, Tulane, Alcorn State, Wofford and NC A&T games this year. Last night's performance was the most discouraging to date, eclipsing the Shorter win in OT. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to diagnose the problem - we don't have national caliber talent, particularly shooters. This season is going to be rough.

Despite the above, I remain hopeful that Pastner can get this turned around if he lands some top-flight recruits. And, he should be able to make a convincing case to the right players: ACC, great facilities, Atlanta, potential immediate playing time/impact, etc.