Virginia Tech Postgame

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Just wow...

What happened tonight? Tech got spanked. And the damned Dawgs win. What a crappy Saturday.

I have nothing much to say. My comment was to my buddy that it was like in high school. You played against a team that was not competitive at each position. And you beat them easily.

How to move forward? It is certainly not by praising Temple. So confused.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
When an 18 year old who hasn't seen or played enough football in his life thinks that money down and dancers are the measure of a real deal. Bear Bryant was a real deal and he had no dancers.

Wow. Ya'll are basically now saying recruits shouldnt come here, but you really want Coach to succeed, right? And I dont think he is talking about that stuff when he says Collins is the real deal. This is a smart kid, but of course the elitists want to look down their noses at him.

We get it. You have proven you want GT to lose and that you care more about a guy who quit when he saw the handwriting on the wall than you care about GT.

But chin up - your dawgs won today.
NOBODY here WANTS GT to lose. That is an absurd statement. But we DO want to see signs of improvement as the season goes along. We looked better against Clemson than we did today, and if you don't think that is coaching, there is nothing more to say.

Deleted member 2897

Honestly, I see no reason for fans to show up to games when the team doesn’t. Collins has better get his *** in gear, because being humiliated almost every week is not a great way to secure the good graces of his customers.

That’s the big problem, because you can say you’re a fan and support the coach and team, but it’s hard to have fun on days like today.

Hopefully he’ll close on our best recruiting class in the last 10-15 years, our guys will get healthy, and we’ll start seeing better play.

Wow. Ya'll are basically now saying recruits shouldnt come here, but you really want Coach to succeed, right? And I dont think he is talking about that stuff when he says Collins is the real deal. This is a smart kid, but of course the elitists want to look down their noses at him.
No what we are saying is from what we are seeing from the hype commentary that as of now we believe the coaching staff is not ready for prime time. As has been stated they are not very experienced and it is showing. Tech is a hard place to coach and maybe we should have tried to get a more experienced HC.

Deleted member 2897

No what we are saying is from what we are seeing from the hype commentary that as of now we believe the coaching staff is not ready for prime time. As has been stated they are not very experienced and it is showing. Tech is a hard place to coach and maybe we should have tried to get a more experienced HC.

I’m not trying to insult either guy, but basically CPJ is a better coach than CGC, and CGC is a better recruiter than CPJ. Once he has a couple years to get much better talent in here, will that be enough to step the program up? That’s the whatever-million dollar question.

Animal02

Banned
Or not paid a premium over 7 years for a frikkin rookie.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Say what you will about the staff, but leave the recruits out of it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Coach Collins talked about Temple today? Did we play them again? I am being facetious but he should take some responsibility for the poor showing today. Disappointing, but I would like to see him chewing some people in private...coaches and players. They did not deserve participation trophies after this performance.

where this participation trophy BS come from? He said this is a complete of defense we’ve faced since Temple?

So he didn’t quit? He was fired?

The new locker room is a facade?

He wasn’t told recruiting had to improve?

I don’t doubt your lack of knowledge of these things.

1. he was tired of the Dawg happy media in Georgia
2. He was tired of having to prove his offense worked, which it did.
3. he was getting very little financial support
4. He had coached some 40 years and wanted a break.
5. He was tired of fans complaining the offense was boring, even though it won games.

Trust me on these.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
What about Kenny Cooper, Jahaziel Lee, & Antwan Owens, all of whom are out for the year? Kelton Dawson was out today as well.

We have walk-ons starting on both sides of the LOS.

The LOS has been a significant challenge from the beginning of the year and has become exacerbated as the year went on. It makes a massive difference year over year.

Seriously - the DL & OL can’t be THAT important can they?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is some apologia...

VT jumped 17 spots in FEI after Wake last week. They lost a toss up to Notre Dame with Patterson going 9/28. While I thought we gave up for the first time this season (and seemed unprepared for their blitzes) VT with Hooker would handle Duke and BC. They might be undefeated if they hadn't let Willis throw so many picks and get sacked so many timed that fuente almost got fired.

No wonder dudes were entering the portal left and right in camp.

We need big bodies and linebackers. QB play wasnt great but there was a free runner nearly every play, zone reads included. Shut down the rpo game completely and forced us to spread the field and catch underneath stuff. Think we got out outschemed, but that was the best team we've played since clemson.