Virginia Tech Postgame

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't the media that made CPJ give up - it was the boosters who hated him, trust me on that.

You're just straight up full of crap about the CPJ recruiting comment. Was he good at it - not really, did he hate it or was he too lazy, absolutely not.

So those boosters that are loving watching CGC lose games and hate him - they have no right to? They somehow should be forced to donate? Since I have to trust you on things I hope we all will abide by your response.

If I am incorrect on CPJ recruiting and things he was told to correct - then that makes his effectiveness as a recruiter even worse.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Paul didn’t kill our program.

I ran companies during my career. Fairly big ones. And the key issue always was “What is our operating model and are we absolutely committed to its success?”

Was Tech “absolutely committed” to the TO? No. The donors sure weren’t. The AA wasn’t. So I can understand any coach’s frustration under those circumstances.

If any fan has a problem with our program, they need to look at the AA.

So it took them 11 years to “run him off”?

I’ve been looking at the AA since 69. And every darn year the person in charge is the Prez, not the AD.

But that is probably your point.

So those boosters that are loving watching CGC lose games and hate him - they have no right to? They somehow should be forced to donate? Since I have to trust you on things I hope we all will abide by your response.

If I am incorrect on CPJ recruiting and things he was told to correct - then that makes his effectiveness as a recruiter even worse.
First this comment makes no sense. Second I buy and donate to Tech quite a bit and live 1200 miles away. enough said

LibertyTurns

Banned
I will say this. I never met one fan in the seats who disliked the TO. Not one. I met dozens in the suites who hated it, even when it won. Go figure.
There were tons of fans in the stands that hated the old offense. Very outspoken as well, even when we were winning. I’m really not sure why that was.

Now, my section is thinning & the stalwarts are missing more and more every game. We’re all busy people but have dedicated the time to attend the games in person and if not there was a guest in the seats the majority of the time. Hell, there was maybe 50% attendance yesterday. Some people, I think it was just hot air, talking about not renewing season tickets they’ve had for a decade or more.

I hope we get our house in order on Thurs otherwise this is going to be a very long & sorry off-season.