• Virginia by 7-13

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Virginia by 14+

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
a blocked PAT is worth 1 point. a fumble recover or interception return on a 2-pt conversion is worth 2 points.
you know, i debated that before posting it, but didn't bother to look it up. sure enough, a safety on a try after attempt is only worth 1 point.

strangely enough it happened not long ago, though not in the direction i was envisioning.

i wonder if one has ever been returned by the defense...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
a blocked PAT is worth 1 point. a fumble recover or interception return on a 2-pt conversion is worth 2 points.
@Jacket prime was originally right. A blocked PAT that is returned for a touchdown by the defense is worth 2 points. Look up Texas vs Notre Dame blocked PAT on youtube for an example.

Jacket prime

Georgia Tech Fan
@Jacket prime was originally right. A blocked PAT that is returned for a touchdown by the defense is worth 2 points. Look up Texas vs Notre Dame blocked PAT on youtube for an example.

i wonder if one has ever been returned by the defense...

well i guess that answers that question. i'd complain that my memory sucks, but that was probably why i was originally thinking 2pts.

since there is a change of possession, its a touchdown on the try vs. a safety, therefore 2 points.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I swear I just read the rules for all of the potential scenarios not more than 2-3 weeks ago and it read as I wrote. I'll look for what I read, as it's possible that was wrong (or I just misread it - gasp!).

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I think we’ll win, but even when we won there four years ago, we had five turnovers. I hate playing there. I expect something like an ugly 31-16 win, but it’ll feel a lot closer.

yep, it was a struggle last yr HERE,they outgained us 90 yds and were in it til near end, their coach knows how to defense us

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

ESPN ACC Week 10 picks: Clemson, Miami chart course for ACC title game?
Georgia Tech (4-3, 3-2) at Virginia (5-3, 2-2), 3 p.m., ACC Network

David Hale: Bronco Mendenhall said this week that he’s steering into the skid with his team, talking up the need for another win to make a bowl rather than ignoring it. He thinks the pressure was getting to his players, and they were too tight. It’s worth a try, but the problem is, the Cavaliers’ most winnable games are behind them, and Georgia Tech is just a much better team. Georgia Tech 40, Virginia 24

Andrea Adelson: Paul Johnson had the perfect response this week when he was told that Mendenhall had a passion for defending option offenses. Johnson shot back: "My passion's playing against 3-4 teams." Um, yeah, the Yellow Jackets will roll. Georgia Tech 38, Virginia 28