Very Interesting interview by Quez Jackson on the play of defense in post game Interview.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It will be interesting to watch the transfer portal (in and out) this offseason. I saw an article linked on another GT board updating the status of several of our recent transfers out. From the takeaway, I haven't seen anyone really improve their draft stock or transform themselves although several have gotten more playing time by stepping down in terms of competition. From that article, it looks like Lucas Jonson was able to help his team out as a QB after the starter was hurt. He has stepped in and apparently has done good work out at San Diego. As always, I do think it is best for a player AND team for a kid to move on if the fight isn't right (not saying anything about Quez to be clear). I would imagine 98% or more of us have done the same in our professional lives.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Show me a clip of a player giving less effort. If you can't, then stop spouting crap.
I dont have a clip, but i can tell you the team, specifically the D, is NOT together. I mentioned a few weeks ago when I was at the Pitt game how C. Thomas kept walking away from the rest of the team in the sidelines and sitting alone against the wall while the others tried to prep for the next outting. Meanwhile J Thomas was constantly trying to get him to get his **** togetjer and get on the same page and Thomas waves him off. If you think this team is as together as CGC preaches, I am sorry.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I dont have a clip, but i can tell you the team, specifically the D, is NOT together. I mentioned a few weeks ago when I was at the Pitt game how C. Thomas kept walking away from the rest of the team in the sidelines and sitting alone against the wall while the others tried to prep for the next outting. Meanwhile J Thomas was constantly trying to get him to get his **** togetjer and get on the same page and Thomas waves him off. If you think this team is as together as CGC preaches, I am sorry.
I don't know if they are or they aren't. I just think fans watching from the outside don't know either. Not a criticism of anyone or anything that's been said, just my opinion.

Jimd99

Georgia Tech Fan
I mean to be fair, it sounds like Quez is more frustrated with his teammates than his coaches. Said something like it's on the players to make the plays when coaches put you in a position to win.
I thought the players handled the silly questions well. It was interedty that they commented "the coaches prepared a good game plan and its up to us to execute". They had a very mature perspective and were obviously unhappy with results and said coaches and team need to id problems and fix them now. I liked the way they handled the situation.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I think everyone deserves a better set of questions than we got in the presser.
True. The guys in the pressers just sometimes seem nervous to ask any questions at all. I agree with the other posts that it sounded like the players felt like the coaches had a plan and the players didn't execute it. They don't seem real happy but I think its just that they aren't executing. Give CGC this, his players still seem to be bought in, which is a credit to him. Just need the results.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Y’all try to lay EVERYTHING at the coaches feet! So a player tells you they need to execute their assignments. He didn’t say they didnt know, was confused or it was too difficult.
if it keeps happening over and over and over again, then whose fault is it? the players? Or the coaches that keep playing the same players that result in that situation?

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Quez Jackson is my favorite jacket on this team. He plays his heart out on every play in every single game. Wish we had 22 other players on this team that plays as hard as he does. I just listen to his Wednesdays Press Conference and he just cares so much and he just gets it!!!! What a great young man and he’s starting to become one of my all time favorite jackets.