Very Interesting interview by Quez Jackson on the play of defense in post game Interview.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
If y’all haven’t yet I would recommend y’all listening too Quez Jackson post game interview. He pretty much sums it up. Very good assessment from him and by his mannerisms he looks pist off and sounds like some of his teammates are not giving 100 percent like he is.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If y’all haven’t yet I would recommend y’all listening too Quez Jackson post game interview. He pretty much sums it up. Very good assessment from him and by his mannerisms he looks pist off and sounds like some of his teammates are not giving 100 percent like he is.
How about a link?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
That’s on position and HC to see that and sit *** down... if guys are playing still and not giving 100%, Collins will lose the room
If you don't think CGC has not loss part of this team than I still have some beech front land in Oklahoma for sale . this is how it starts playing players not giving 100% ( oh but we don't have to money and he can recuirt so good)

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure Collins is losing the team based on the promises to get better and things not working out. That's what I'm afraid of the most. A perpetually losing coaches has an even harder uphill climb.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't know that I would read too much into this. We lost. No competitor is going to be sharing rainbows at this point. It sucks to have competed and fall short then have to go answer ridiculous questions..

"What does it feel like to be at 3-5"?
"Did it help the Defense when you got a stop?"
"Is this where you wanted to be?"
"Do you like losing?"

EDIT TO ADD
This is actually kind of positive. The guys talked about the players needing to execute better, that is just a fact - but coaches can't say it enough. You need the guys owning that message. I don't know what will come from the rest of this season, but I do think we are stuck (for better or worse) with CGC so hope we can steal a few more Ws to close this season. Getting two more shouldn't be impossible and would feel WAY better than losing out.

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure Collins is losing the team based on the promises to get better and things not working out. That's what I'm afraid of the most. A perpetually losing coaches has an even harder uphill climb.
If he spend more time coaching and less time telling us how good of a coach he has been, and less time telling the players and other coaches how much he loves them maybe we could get better, Here is a hint CGC don't try and be their friends be their coach they have each other to be friends they only need you to coach.

Scubapro

Banned
I like that those two linebackers are not pleased. They spoke the truth. They didn't call anyone out, but they weren't happy about other teammates not making plays. Good interview.
I wouldn't read too much into this interview. I would be more concerned if they acted like they didn't care. I would be pi$$ed to if I was on a team thats been losing the way we have.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If you don't think CGC has not loss part of this team than I still have some beech front land in Oklahoma for sale . this is how it starts playing players not giving 100% ( oh but we don't have to money and he can recuirt so good)

Alright now. Let's pump the brakes here. If were are going to gossip I am going to request that you support your theory or hypothessis with a verifable quote or link. Let's not make stuff up as we are all adults here (I hope). I would imagine everyone on the staff and team is upset. They should be and if they are not then they are not competitors, But we are not going to invent news here gentlemen and/or ladies. Support your claims. Or don't make them.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright now. Let's pump the brakes here. If were are going to gossip I am going to request that you support your theory or hypothessis with a verifable quote or link. Let's not make stuff up as we are all adults here (I hope). I would imagine everyone on the staff and team is upset. They should be and if they are not then they are not competitors, But we are not going to invent news here gentlemen and/or ladies. Support your claims. Or don't make them.
I don't think that sort of thing is verifiable via a quote or link. Anyways, if players start giving less effort then the wheels WILL come off. I'm trying to think of a head coach that salvaged a horrible 3 year start.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
If he spend more time coaching and less time telling us how good of a coach he has been, and less time telling the players and other coaches how much he loves them maybe we could get better, Here is a hint CGC don't try and be their friends be their coach they have each other to be friends they only need you to coach.
He grew up on Columbia Drive tho.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I don't think that sort of thing is verifiable via a quote or link.
Then why say it if you have no credible basis? If I tell you that Company X's stock is a good value and will perform well, wouldn't you expect me to verify it some quantifiable way? Or would you be content with me just saying to buy it just because I think it's a good stock?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Then why say it if you have no credible basis? If I tell you that Company X's stock is a good value and will perform well, wouldn't you expect me to verify it some quantifiable way? Or would you be content with me just saying to buy it just because I think it's a good stock?
I wish I had when I was told to buy dollar general stock. ( but i'm sure I wasn't the only one )

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
I couldn’t download the video but go too YouTube and google Kirby Smart trolls Dan Mullen on recruiting and you will know what he thinks about recruiting. He said it 50 percent recruiting and 25 percent coaching. Pretty interesting video. I hate the dogs with a passion but if any body know how to post the video on here please do Bc it’s a good take on great players vs coaching.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I couldn’t download the video but go too YouTube and google Kirby Smart trolls Dan Mullen on recruiting and you will know what he thinks about recruiting. He said it 50 percent recruiting and 25 percent coaching. Pretty interesting video. I hate the dogs with a passion but if any body know how to post the video on here please do Bc it’s a good take on great players vs coaching.
Not gonna watch the video because it sounds like BS. UGA outspends everybody in the country in recruiting. Their recruiting budget alone is something north of $3M. Maybe even close to $4M by now. UGA has had the #1 recruiting class in 3 of the last 5 years and have been in the top 5 every year. On 247s team talent composite UGA is #2, slightly behind Bama but those 2 are in a league of their own. They have more 5-stars than everyone. The difference in their team talent composite to #7 Florida is the same as ours is at #33 to #16 Penn State.

Kirby is not a good head coach. He’s made some terrible decisions in his time that have cost them a national title and another shot in the playoffs. He’s just at a university thats willing to throw ungodly amounts of money to buy their way to a national title. Georgia is quite literally the definition of having good players that beat good coaching. Kirby may not even be a top 5 head coach in the SEC. Saban, Kiffin, Stoops, Jimbo, and Leach are all better coaches, but Saban is the only other one with the resources Kirby has access to and we see what he’s done with it.

For reference, Georgia spends nearly $4M on football recruiting alone. Tech spends less than $2M recruiting for all programs. We’re not even playing in the same league anymore

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

I mean, I'm probably not going to buy it without evidence, but I'm not gonna stop you from telling me you think its a good idea. Maybe you know something we don't but revealing the secret would cause legal problems, I don't know what you like to get into.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
If that's the case then I have news for you - we ain't catching uga anytime soon. Since 2016 they've recruited twenty-three 5-stars. They have 5 more committed currently, in addition to numerous 4 stars. This is pay to win, and we don't have any money.