VCU Game - What to Expect?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Up by 12 under 3 to go. Nice rebounding and FT from what I've seen. Staying up late ...... watched us lose a 9point lead to 1 and then come back. Much better than last year

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
We looked like a different team in the second half. Very good play from MGH. He didn't shoot much but got to the line a good bit and hit all of his free throws but 1. Heath quietly had a pretty good game. Charles Mitchell was consistent and had his 9th game in a row with a double double. James White put back dunk is really what sparked this team and turned things around. That play should be in SC top 10. The 2 threes from Q was also a nice spark.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We were better than VCU. Not sure what that means for us other than exactly that but we played well. I enjoy games when with 2 mins left I'm cheering for Chuck's double double streak more than the game. We let them play their defense and then took it apart. LOVED MGH playing aggressively and really taking it to them. He has more skill than he knows.

I like how the offense ran when Hunt brought the ball up the court. Him doing that changes the dynamics of the offense from the get go. He is a legitimate threat to take the ball all the way to the hole and have the chance for a and 1. Hope Coach keeps using that set. Good win against a perceived good team. Team didn't wilt under pressure good sign.

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
I like how the offense ran when Hunt brought the ball up the court. Him doing that changes the dynamics of the offense from the get go. He is a legitimate threat to take the ball all the way to the hole and have the chance for a and 1. Hope Coach keeps using that set. Good win against a perceived good team. Team didn't wilt under pressure good sign.
I liked that as well. I was a little concerned at first that we didn't have a true PG in the game, but I thought not only did VCU had to respect his scoring threat, MGH also seemed more involved and aggressive with the ball. I hope he continues to be assertive in future games.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
I enjoy games when with 2 mins left I'm cheering for Chuck's double double streak more than the game. We let them play their defense and then took it apart.

I was cheering for every rebound! Thought he had no chance at it with about 7 minutes left and then he started pulling down rebounds left and right

Probably the best half of basketball we've played all season and awesome it came on national television. Hope we keep the foot on the gas pedal the rest of the way because there's no reason we shouldn't finish non-conference play 11-2 if/when we beat uga on Saturday

I pointed out to my friends at halftime that I was dissapointed that the bench had zero points, but they stepped up huge in the second half, especially those back to back threes by Q that stretched the lead to 9

Another quiet 20 point game from MGH where he got to the line a ton. When he's aggressive like he was tonight he's either going to score or go to the line and with the way he's been shooting free throws this season, both are deadly options

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We were better than VCU. Not sure what that means for us other than exactly that but we played well. I enjoy games when with 2 mins left I'm cheering for Chuck's double double streak more than the game. We let them play their defense and then took it apart. LOVED MGH playing aggressively and really taking it to them. He has more skill than he knows.

I've always thought that. Seems to get to the basket at will...when he takes it upon himself. Hope he realizes this is his last year and starts get more assertive.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Big win for GT. VCU is well-recognized as a solid basketball team, and we just beat them by double digits.

Tadric finally looking to drive and pass (4 assists from him) and MGH running some point actually made us a better team today. Heath had a sneaky good game, and Chuck just keeps doing Chuck things. Nice contribution from the bench and EXCELLENT free throw shooting. If we can continue that...we'll be in good shape to go dancing. Still a lot of basketball left, but I am liking what I am seeing from this team. Go Jackets!