Vandy Predictions

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I watched a bit of their game vs MTSU on replay.
Pro style offense, think Chan. 2 backs, lots of power and counter. Webb the running back is a good player. Didn't see many playmakers on the outside. QB doesn't make mistakes.
On defense they have some athletes, but it's hard to judge off their D vs. MTSU who slings it.
I think we pull away late.
38-20

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
GT wins 27 - 20

I hope we blow them out but I imagine it'll be close because their defense is solid and they'll run the ball on us which should limit the possessions

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm with Southern Jacket, we better be ready. Vandy coaches lost them the South Carolina game, very good linebackers and secondary and there offense is better than I think a lot of comments on this board are giving them credit for.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They won't be as well versed as BC on defense. They had to prepare for SC to kick the year off and they couldn't look past MTSU. The key for us will be manning up on defensive line against the power run that they will wish to establish. Will this be the day we throw Brandon Adams in there for a lot of snaps to clog the middle?

33-23 TECH

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
45-42 Vandy. Screw it, I've never been right and won't start this weekend.

Atomic had an over under of 41. Pretty good since this was pre-betting. I'll take the over all day long. http://www.atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

After sleeping on it and reading the D is Awful thread, I have to change the score since I don't think the D is worse than 80 or so other teams :whistle: (we are about 45th.) http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

42-38 GT. Still taking the over. The only thing which limits the score is the number of possessions ...... (duh).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
35-13 good guys. Abs shine in pass receiving then running. Lots of DL substitutions to stay fresh and we blank them in last 20 minutes of play.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking it is more like 27-17. I can see both teams going on long, grinding drives with nobody hitting any home runs. I just think our QB (IF HE IS HEALTHY) is the difference maker. Again.