UVA

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Oof. Our bats excelled. The rest... 🤢
Let's turn it around this week. Believe in it.
Our lineup did that without Simpson too which makes it even more impressive.

We just need the pitchers to make pitches. It's unbelievable that we walk as many people as we do. That's inexcusable to me.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone explain to me why Cort Roedig doesn’t pitch during the weekends? We just gave up 13/18 runs and he didn’t even throw one pitch!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone explain to me why Cort Roedig doesn’t pitch during the weekends? We just gave up 13/18 runs and he didn’t even throw one pitch!
Cort hasn’t been effective in weekday games against “weaker” competition. That said, don’t see how he could be much worse than why we saw on sat and sun. It’s also telling Bartnicki didn’t pitch this weekend.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Although he has temporally helped our recruiting, our current pitching coach is a disaster. Working with college kids is a lot different than pros.
Results speak for themselves and our pitching trends and results are screaming out loud... Something is dreadfully wrong with a majority of our pitchers and/or the instruction they are receiving. Not sure which. Certainly this kind of pitching staff performance will circle back to recruiting as well. We are watching history being made - and not the good kind...

ScGold

Banned
The house is burning a lot faster than i anticipated. At this rate Danny won't get the chance to embarrass tech in post season. Sad is all that can be said.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This song has been sung too many times the last few years. Is it time for him to move on? Whatever he has been doing hasn't been working. Typical mid season swoon.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Results speak for themselves and our pitching trends and results are screaming out loud... Something is dreadfully wrong with a majority of our pitchers and/or the instruction they are receiving. Not sure which. Certainly this kind of pitching staff performance will circle back to recruiting as well. We are watching history being made - and not the good kind...
With some of these big scores against us, I'm starting to wonder if Thacker has been helping out with the pitchers.
:) (I better put a smiley face here in case someone doesn't realize I'm joking)

ScGold

Banned
FredJacket what are your thoughts on the team after playing so well in game 1 to only get pie faced the rest of the weeken? Is it back to go old danny ball or is the a$$ kickings we are getting just a blip and the season isn't going down the toliet?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
FredJacket what are your thoughts on the team after playing so well in game 1 to only get pie faced the rest of the weeken? Is it back to go old danny ball or is the a$$ kickings we are getting just a blip and the season isn't going down the toliet?
Full disclosure... the only game I watched was the Friday game. I followed intermittently the live stats for Sat and Sun.

On the road and playing a top 5 team in UVA, winning Fri and losing Sat and Sun would not necessarily be such a bad thing. However, the number of runs we're allowing is extremely alarming. Additionally, we got off to good starts in all 3 games... scoring multiple runs in T1 both Sat and Sun, but could not capitalize. Not even close. Something has to change in the back half of the season here or we will end up where you've predicted... below expectations.