UVA

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Ole dumbass Danny ran him back out there. Lol just stirring a little. Don’t think there is any doubt Max is a pen guy, maybe he is buying into it, either way a great outing for him and the Jackets!!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ole dumbass Danny ran him back out there. Lol just stirring a little. Don’t think there is any doubt Max is a pen guy, maybe he is buying into it, either way a great outing for him and the Jackets!!
The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Jadyn made a huge play at short with that bobbled bare handed catch. Probably should’ve caught it straight up but just to make the play was a huge turning point on that game. Zach was lights out and Chance battled. Fin with a nice job of getting out of the 5th inning with no more damage done. Great win. Need 1 more and then look at getting greedy.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Also, I don’t think our offense will get enough credit in this game. After Borden hit that ball off the wall in the first that should’ve scored a run, I thought that might come back to bite us. We got fortunate to score our 2nd run after the 1st baseman dropped a sure double play. When they answered with 1 in the bottom half, I thought for sure that we were in for a shootout. We kept adding on for the next couple innings, capped off by Parada’s 2 out jack (nice job by Tres keeping the inning alive). We really kept the pressure on them for the first half of the game, got the pitch count up, and drove their starter out early.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Also, I don’t think our offense will get enough credit in this game. After Borden hit that ball off the wall in the first that should’ve scored a run, I thought that might come back to bite us. We got fortunate to score our 2nd run after the 1st baseman dropped a sure double play. When they answered with 1 in the bottom half, I thought for sure that we were in for a shootout. We kept adding on for the next couple innings, capped off by Parada’s 2 out jack (nice job by Tres keeping the inning alive). We really kept the pressure on them for the first half of the game, got the pitch count up, and drove their starter out early.
You nailed it. This was a great win. We scored early... left runs on table. Battled v their Fri guy. Ran his pitch count up in glorious fashion. They answered. We never let them tie or take lead.

Just a great road win that can plant a "winning seed" for making future wins.

ScGold

Banned
@ScGold Curious about you & others like you (based on your posts) ... do you find any joy in such a big win (in the moment)? Or do you wish you were more correct (in the moment)? Or do you see it as one game of 55 that means very little?
It is a great win. Long season. Ive watched a lot of great wins. It doesn't make a baseball season. Catch is will the trajectory continue or was it just a tease on how good they are? The team has talent no doubt. I see a lot more ground balls that need to be cleanly played and that is worrisome.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It is a great win. Long season. Ive watched a lot of great wins. It doesn't make a baseball season. Catch is will the trajectory continue or was it just a tease on how good they are? The team has talent no doubt. I see a lot more ground balls that need to be cleanly played and that is worrisome.
Win today and then worry about winning tomorrow. There’s not gonna be many easy weekends in the ACC. A series win here would be good morale though. That NC State series was pretty dissatisfying.

ScGold

Banned
Win today and then worry about winning tomorrow. There’s not gonna be many easy weekends in the ACC. A series win here would be good morale though. That NC State series was pretty dissatisfying.
The fact ur saying don't worry about tomorrow and tech baseball sums up where the program has fallen expectation wise. This is a blue blood baseball program and should be expected to act like one. Tech should be considered a regional lock ever year with a very strong possibility to host a super. Playing the kind of ball danny has produced the last several years would have gotten hin fired at almost any other school.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Pardon my lateness, but what actually happened to Chandler Simpson?
took a fly ball straight to the face a few weeks back (forget which series). Some blood, might have broken his nose or face (OUCH!!!) and it has taken him out ever since.

I wonder if he'll wear one of those face shields like the basketball players do? or a cage when he bats...?
1648913291678.png

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else wondering if the
I’m somewhere in between you two. It was a great win last night. It was great to see Max doing what he is capeable of doing. It was great that we threw strikes for the most part. However, the win doesn’t happen “in a vacuum”. There were still pretty basic stuff that we are doing or not doing that will hinder us from winning consistently. Because of that, for me personally it’s best to just enjoy the win today and try not to worry too much about tomorrow, since I have no control over it. Now, from the team perspective I am certain they are concerned w/ the lingering issues and are working to get them cleaned up. I trust our coaches are plenty savvy enough to know that the obvious mistakes that we all see have the potential to wreck the season …….. and are doing their best to clean them up. Hopefully we will continue to see improvement in those areas.

I don’t think Tech is a blue blood in baseball. I would like them to be and maybe they should be, but we aren’t at this point. Also, not sure (kind of doubt) that Hall “would have been fired by now anywhere else”. I believe he was pretty close to being “asked to consider retirement” (complete speculation on my part) after 2017, but he made changes to the staff and the way he managed and turned the trajectory back in the right direction, which kept his job.

I could see us getting Simpson back, which will help defensively & offensively, the younger pitchers continuing to grow into their roles and becoming more consistent and us playing really good ball down the stretch. I have also seen us go the other way. Thus for my own mental health, I’ll just enjoy it as it comes and continue to support the team in the ways I can.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The fact ur saying don't worry about tomorrow and tech baseball sums up where the program has fallen expectation wise. This is a blue blood baseball program and should be expected to act like one. Tech should be considered a regional lock ever year with a very strong possibility to host a super. Playing the kind of ball danny has produced the last several years would have gotten hin fired at almost any other school.
You're reading too much into my comment. Team sgo thru hot streaks and cold streaks. If you start pressing, typically the cold streaks stick around a bit longer. Win today's game first, then you can start talking about a streak.