UVA vs. Navy

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The senior qb for Virginia is not impressive. Hope the freshman that has not played is on the bench for same reason.
Crap with that logic our back up qbs must suck too. They never saw the field .
Virginia qb 21 of 43 verses gt (50%) while or gt qb was 6 of 22 with 2 int. This was one of gt qbs most prolific games as he only completed 38 more passes in the other 10 games. Only two conclusions - last year passing is not important to the oc or our back up is bad.

Back to the beat down by t he service academy. Let's go acc!!

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The transitive property in football doesn't work well, even for the same style offense. Navy also was able to see Virginia's scheme against us and inform their play calling, splits, reads, etc.
You also have to add in the ghost of Charlottesville that continues to haunt Tech!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The qb for navy trucked 53 for a rd. 53 is a stud but the center 62 was fast enough down field to make him adjust. Qb could have pitched as the safety blitz was killed by the bb.
Blocking so much more precise than gt.
This is depressing
20171228_144420.jpg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The transitive property in football doesn't work well, even for the same style offense. Navy also was able to see Virginia's scheme against us and inform their play calling, splits, reads, etc.

This is a really cool article that discusses just that topic. It was written by football math geek John Urschel (whose is a super interesting guy...read about him if you have the time). Caveat: He uses only the SEC West over an 8 year span for his data set.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/math-meets-football-the-transitive-property-is-real/

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Definitely concerning that we could not beat Duke and Virginia, yet Army and Navy beat them respectively. Part of that concern has hopefully been addressed with the defense.

For comparison, Army beat Duke 21-16, while we lost 20-43. Similar offensive performances, but a HUGE discrepancy with the D.

Going into the end of the 3rd quarter, Navy is up 42-7. At the end of the 3rd quarter of our game, the score was 28-28. Navy's O has most definitely been better than ours was, but their D was light years ahead. I would have felt good if our score was 28-7.

I am concerned about next year. That said, I said the same thing at the end of 2013 and 2015.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
GT will be back to Bowling in 2018

The highest class GHSA state champs could make a bowl game.

That is no accomplishment for a program with any sort of leadership and goals.

This bowl is a pathetic game between a team playing on their home field running a boring O vs another team that has never won a single thing in their football history.

We have such low goals and standards

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to sugar coat anything, because we were terrible against UVA, but two of our best performances on offense the past couple of years have been our bowl games vs. Mississippi State and Kentucky. Extra time can help get everyone clicking.
I would think the exact opposite, especially given Finals and Xmas Break.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

A pathetic game between a team playing on their home field running a boring O vs another team that has never won a single thing in their football history.

I don't think Navy's offense is boring

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is a really cool article that discusses just that topic. It was written by football math geek John Urschel (whose is a super interesting guy...read about him if you have the time). Caveat: He uses only the SEC West over an 8 year span for his data set.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/math-meets-football-the-transitive-property-is-real/
This guy has a live tester on his site = my team is better than your team .
I put in Baylor and gt and pushed the button. We are worse than Baylor! The world is up side down!

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

This bowl is a pathetic game between a team playing on their home field running a boring O vs another team that has never won a single thing in their football history.

Dude chill...some people just like to watch bowl games with an open mind.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Him or Monken. I have REALLY been impressed with the turn around Monken has done in four years. Army's second 10 win season ever. Plus you remember the whole BYU trying to lure Ken away and he would not budge for them?

DANG, 79yds total Offense for UVA. Shut down. Ken learned from the best on how to do more with less!

If our next HC runs this crap O, we will immediately sell fewer tickets and raise less money.