UVA vs. Navy

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So we have almost averaged the same amount of points against WAY better competition and less possessions (I’d assume).

What people are ignoring is, there is no other power 5 team that recruits in the 40’s and has all the hurdles CPJ has yet has had the success he has had. Actually he’s had more success than probably 80 percent of other programs. IMO that’s because of what we do, and actually shows he’s a great coach, to take recruiting classes like he has and take them to multiple ACCCG, and Orange Bowls. People forget what other programs in the country are doing and that very very few are consistent teams. They just look at what their team has done and wonder why it’s not better when not many teams have it better.

You never had a loosing season under Gailey and if I recall wasn't there a probation and restrictions under his regime. So yeah is it offensive scheme or is a good coaching. CPJ is a good coach, that's why you win, despite his offensive scheme.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You never had a loosing season under Gailey and if I recall wasn't there a probation and restrictions under his regime. So yeah is it offensive scheme or is a good coaching. CPJ is a good coach, that's why you win, despite his offensive scheme.
I’ll take the high seasons of orange bowls and ACCCG even with a couple losing seasons sprinkled in. JMO that has happened because of the system.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I never used gimmick as an insult. You took it that way, also Chan had successful offenses to but he was fired. This is College Football what you did means nothing, Les Miles won national championship and was fired. If we continue to settle for mediocrity because he beat Georgia a couple of times then Tech will continue to miss bowl games. It is what it is, the offense doesn’t sell seats and recently hasn’t won ball games. It’s a gimmick offense that makes it almost impossible to recruit. I Gurantee you Chan would’ve had just as much success with Nesbitt, Dwyer and DT. The 2007 Class might’ve saved Chan’s job if GT let it. I really don’t get what your little logic rant was about either, completely off topic telling me I don’t use logic because you finally agreed with my point that we run a gimmick offense.
Did you really say Chan had successful offenses? HAHAHA his offenses were like our current defenses. 60-80s

Milwaukee

Banned
Eh, the real question is do the occasional highs outweigh the occasional lows? I say yes. I'd rather have 3 super exciting years in ten than none. Even if I have to endure 3 crap years.

If you do it that way, which is fine, you need to look at 98, 99, and 00 as well and those were solid years. Can't compare Gaileys 6 years worth of accomplishments to PJs 10 years if you're looking at GT football as a whole as your reference.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Tech was 42nd In 2006 total offense.

With Reggie Ball.
under NCAA infractions.

BTW. Wash St. run pass is more 75% 25%
Similar to Texas Tech & other air raid offenses like Texas A&M & Oklahoma. Still waiting on the Power 5 flexbone team outside of GT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
No one throws the ball 85 percent of the time like they do. More specific for ya

Just an FYI:

Washington State ran 709 offensive plays. 303 were rushing plays. Passing plays were 61.65% of plays.
Oklahoma ran 898 offensive plays. 501 were rushing plays. Passing plays were 44.21% of plays.
West Virginia ran 941 offensive plays. 460 were rushing plays. Passing plays were 51.12% of plays.

While Leach has leaned towards passing the heaviest, all those teams run Air Raid heavy passing attacks. Oklahoma's offense if probably the most rooted in modern rushing concepts while utilizing Air Raid passing concepts. Lincoln Riley has probably surpassed Mike Leach in terms of putting together a complete offense, but his bones are in Air Raid. Oklahoma is is in the playoffs, and Riley was promoted to HC because of his offensive acumen.

Air Raid passing concepts has probably been one of the most influential offensive concepts in the last decade on every level of football. From HS to the NFL.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
If you do it that way, which is fine, you need to look at 98, 99, and 00 as well and those were solid years. Can't compare Gaileys 6 years worth of accomplishments to PJs 10 years if you're looking at GT football as a whole as your reference.
2000 and before was a different time in college football. Our recruiting academic standards are much higher now.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
With Reggie Ball.
under NCAA infractions.

BTW. Wash St. run pass is more 75% 25%
Similar to Texas Tech & other air raid offenses like Texas A&M & Oklahoma. Still waiting on the Power 5 flexbone team outside of GT.

Texas a&m and Oklahoma have read opton concepts. Wash St and Mike leach never has.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Acc was very different then