UVA Prediction Thread

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be similar to how the Pitt game probably would have been without the first quarter. I think we will be close for a while and then pull away at the end but it will be a fairly close game. They play good defense but we'll still be able to score. 34-24 good guys. Butker nails two FGs.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I am going to say 42-27 GT. I think we get two passing TDs, three rushing TDs, and one non-offensive score. I think JT gets both a 50+ yard pass and a 50+ yard rush en route to 150 in the air and 100 on the ground. Halftime will be 21-17, and 8/10 members in chat will be discussing the next head coach at GT. There will be rumors that JT was hurt, that he died in the locker room at halftime, and JBR will post every 4 minutes that we are about to be blown out and that the wheels have come off. He will be banned from chat before the end of halftime. Approximately 8 nasty PMs will be sent from him to various admins.

Then JT will come out, having weathered the storm, and ball out, taking advantage of overpursuit and hit a big play, and the rout will be on.

You heard it all here first.
That's exactly what I was thinking...well not exactly... I agree that we will win at least!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
here we go again -uva reminds me of dook,decent OFF and Def but this time we are not coming off a UM win high
another killer game 27-24 Tech --although if our Def thinks(and plays like) they will get 4 TOs a qtr we are in trouble

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I feel pretty sure we won't be getting 6 TOs this week. Hope I am wrong, but stars don't align like that very often. However, we will still have enough to beat them. They have a defense but they will be playing us left handed. They want to blitz and rally to the ball and that never works against us. We score a lot. 38-27 good guys.

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I have, unlike some on this and other boards, a lot of respect for Tenuta. UVA may have the best defense we have faced this year. They are really good but only average on offense. The key for us is to get at least 2 stops in each half. Can we do it? Don't know but I do not think we are going to run wild on this defense. This could be very close. Tech 28 UVA 24

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Our versatility and flexibility will give Tenuta fits. Still closer than is comfortable and we won't lead the whole way. 42-38 GT

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Our versatility and flexibility will give Tenuta fits. Still closer than is comfortable and we won't lead the whole way. 42-38 GT
Won't lead the whole way? Hmmmmmmmmm. Probably a good guess. After all, PITT is the only game we did and it took 5 consecutive fumbles to make that happen. You are right. It is not in our DNA to make our fans comfortable. This is a fun team to watch.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
35-21 Tech comes out on top. UVA has very little offense... but we have very little Defense so.. Theyll score. Where we have the advantage I believe is with our offense. We score a good bit early and often. Gonna.be a good un.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We need the crowd to be like the Miami game. What is everyone's take on homecoming? I can never tell if that is a help or not. It usually means that the team does not want to lose in front of the crowd but it sometimes means the crowd is more mellow and just into the feel good of reconnecting with old friends and relationships. I have seen some homecomings in years past where the crowd acted like winning the game was just icing on the cake but not as high on the priority list as other games because of activities and events they planned to attend that day. What is everyone's take on this?