UVA Game Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Based on the end of your last sentence, we should've never given up. I thought we had already missed on Monte by the time we landed Solomon. Can't remember.
Monte was still interested but wasn't sure what position Poole was going to play. He was handed to BG by Izzo. Izzo wasn't sold on him but thought he'd do well with BG. When Poole commited Morris turned to ISU because of Jeff Grayer from Flint. Greyer was a star and teammate of Hoyberg and that was all it took.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Monte was still interested but wasn't sure what position Poole was going to play. He was handed to BG by Izzo. Izzo wasn't sold on him but thought he'd do well with BG. When Poole commited Morris turned to ISU because of Jeff Grayer from Flint. Greyer was a star and teammate of Hoyberg and that was all it took.

I'm gonna be sick.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Regarding UVA, I've got no idea how it's gonna go.

It's the classic get burned by the kid we didn't recruit oppty, with Nolte, Brogdon, & Wilkins on that team.

They're just so efficient, I don't see how we get past that.

I think we'll fight the good fight, but they won't miss when we're in our standard drought.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna be sick.
I hear ya but at the time Solomon was the better player. I think the biggest mistake was having him enroll early. He was just to immature. I like BG. A lot. Meet him a few times while he was working with Izzo. Absolute great person but the mess he walked into and his weakness as a coach he had no chance. What's crazy is when he left MSU for the Dayton HC position everybody up here said he'd be Izzo's replacement one day!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
UVA is the most fundamentally sound team i have seen this season. IMHO they are the only team that could give UK a game
This will be the first time I'll have watched them this year. Are they a final four caliber team? My interest in college hoops has went away since 09-10 if you know what I mean. I've read and heard about how great there D is. I just hope we find a way to score 50.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They are i think. They set good screens, shoot the mid range J, run an offense that provides them with a multitude of open, and easy looks. They play great d and rebound the ball well. Do all the little things well. They remind of Wisconsin teams of the past. No stars (except Brogdon) but a great system.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UVA is the most fundamentally sound team i have seen this season. IMHO they are the only team that could give UK a game

That's because you didn't watch that Wisconsin game last night. I was having fits of jealousy.

I do think UVA can make a very deep tourney run. They're like a hive mind assassin in action.

@RyanS12 I think BG's potential as Izzo's successor is why he's here. Had to show he could win at a higher level. Also agree Solomon should've never come in early. He's playing his 3rd semester now and is a junior. Waste of eligibility, but has to do as he sees fit.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Just looked at TheGreek sports book and seen that we are a 17.5 underdog! I can't remember ever seeing us at that big of a dog. Does UVA cover that?

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Just looked at TheGreek sports book and seen that we are a 17.5 underdog! I can't remember ever seeing us at that big of a dog. Does UVA cover that?

Way too high. Given that both teams strength is defense and we've kept all our games close, I think we'll cover again

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't know. I think this could be like a Dayton or Marquette game, except against a better rebounding, defending team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Like @CuseJacket has stated e w rlier remember that we beat Cuse last uear while they were treading serious water. This UVA is playing very well at the moment. That said, 17.5 pts is a crazy line.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Eric.. you are crazy..!! We'll play hard, but UVA has shown the ability to win even when they don't play their best game. I agree that I think that we will compete against them for long stretches, but I suspect that they put us away down the stretch.

They only have VT on deck, so we should get their full attention. Stranger things have happened, but I'm growing a little tired of moral victories (as I'm sure the guys are as well). Honestly, it would take something like a shocker tonight to reignite this team.

With that said, I'll be tuned in pulling like hell for BG and the Jackets.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think to make the game entertaining for me tonite I will take a shot of Crown Royal XO each time we have a shot clock violation or fail to score out of a time out. I did this once while the guy at George Mason was the coach but it was each time we failed to inbound the ball and waste a timeout. Got pretty drunk a few times with that one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It seems like every game I think that if we gave the right minutes to the right players, we'd have a better shot. I'm not an expert, but I get the feeling that CBG comes up with a substitution game plan before the game and doesn't alter it during the game except for foul trouble.