UVA Game Thread

Gibson

Georgia Tech Fan
yup, it's about time for our annual beat a team we have no business beating.... this game lines up perfect for that.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Just like every other game I will watch and continue to be amazed at how much worse we manage to get game after game and year after year. It's sad how far we have fallen off in the last 10 years. But Go Jackets

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Just like every other game I will watch and continue to be amazed at how much worse we manage to get game after game and year after year. It's sad how far we have fallen off in the last 10 years. But Go Jackets

I don't think anyone will sit here and say we're a good team, but we're certainly improved from 4 years ago, and I don't think we get worse each game

Gibson

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think anyone will sit here and say we're a good team, but we're certainly improved from 4 years ago, and I don't think we get worse each game

Are we improved rebounding? Absolutely
Are we improved Defensively? Yes
Are we improved Offensively? No, I think we're stagnant maybe even regressed some.
Are we improved Mentally? Some days yes, some days no. Again, I feel stagnant here, maybe even some regression.

We had a recruiting whiff with Solomon Poole, a major injury to Jorgeson (who has potential), and a temporary bandaid in Tre Golden last year. And that's not a knock on Tre, I use bandaid cause he only played a year.

The biggest issue I see is our lack of a shooter.... It boggles the mind how we can't get a spot up shooter, Bolden has potential but seems to rattles easily. If you put a consistent 3pt shooter on this team it dramatically changes the potential of them. Otherwise, if I'm coaching against GT, I pack in a 2-3 match up zone and make you shoot me out of it.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gibson.. good to see you here. Looking forward to your insightful post.

Next time you ref one of Jaylen's games, be sure and wear those GT socks! LOL

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Without a doubt.. I have personally invited those I feel like bring legit conversation from other there. Mike is one of them.

Some folks just enjoy beating their heads against the wall I guess. We're not all singing Kumbaya over here, but the level of basketball discussion here blows away any place else on the web... Not to mention, that place makes me want to slit my wrist.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The biggest miss by far has been Monte Morris. I live in Flint. He's from Flint. I've worked out with him in the summers, know his old HS coach personally and pushed GT on him as much as I could while he was at Beecher High School. BG backed off when he knew he was getting Poole. As far as stars and rankings coming out of HS I would've too but Monte is the best pure pg in college basketball and it's not even close.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
We may never know what happened between Solomon and BG, but I don't know whether you can blame that one on BG

That said, we could have really used him this year...smh

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The biggest miss by far has been Monte Morris. I live in Flint. He's from Flint. I've worked out with him in the summers, know his old HS coach personally and pushed GT on him as much as I could while he was at Beecher High School. BG backed off when he knew he was getting Poole. As far as stars and rankings coming out of HS I would've too but Monte is the best pure pg in college basketball and it's not even close.

Based on the end of your last sentence, we should've never given up. I thought we had already missed on Monte by the time we landed Solomon. Can't remember.