USA Today early top 25

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I am still utterly amazed that preseason polls get any traction or discussion at all. Who cares? If you were thinking about possibly caring, just look at 2014 preseason polls and then look at the last. Just win the games. Nobody really knows what teams have until helmets start cracking.
The point I am making is how important it is going forward. If we have one loss, there is no way we jump a one loss Bama, TCU, Oregon, and Ohio st if they are ranked ahead of us early.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You know, if you really think about it this ranking makes sense. Let's see, by the end of the year we were playing as well as anyone in the country (outside of tOSU, but even then I think we'd have a puncher's chance against them), we return 9/10 on our OL 2 deep, 9/11 starters on defense, an intact coaching/recruiting staff, and a superstar QB who looks to have been custom designed for the offense he runs. Yeah, that team is due to fall pretty far off. </sarcasm>

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The point I am making is how important it is going forward. If we have one loss, there is no way we jump a one loss Bama, TCU, Oregon, and Ohio st if they are ranked ahead of us early.
Yeah. I see your point. I just hate the system that relies on such drivel. The outcomes of this year's bowl season combined with the truck-sized load of hype we had to endure all year will hopefully change some of that nonsense.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I know everyone likes discussing this stuff but an 8 team playoff with 5 conference champions and 3 at large ends the bias. We can still discuss the 3 at large.
And if you think about it, this format is really a 12 team playoff. 8 teams playing for conference championships (power 5 less the Big 12), Big 12 Champ, and 3 at large bids. 12 teams included in the mix definitely gets rid of the bias.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I am shocked than any of you are taking this poll seriously. Obviously a hacker got in and entered this info. My proof is that based on this ranking, Tech should be the top ranked team in the Coastal :)

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The same guy who did this too early top 25 for USAT is the same dude who did his grades for all the FBS programs. He gave UAB an A+.

That, plus making Auburn No. 2, is enough to not give this yay-hoo any credibility.