USA Today early top 25

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't get Auburn at #3

Auburn was #2! Ridiculous. I get that coaching matters but the Will Muschamp hire is like the Jeremy Pruitt hire. Fans being delusional that Damian Swann is gonna be a lockdown corner all of a sudden just because Pruitt is roaming the sidelines. Auburn was garbage on defense this year. Marshall gone, Coates gone. They are hyping up this QB for Auburn so we'll see. I think Malzahn is overrated.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Auburn was #2! Ridiculous. I get that coaching matters but the Will Muschamp hire is like the Jeremy Pruitt hire. Fans being delusional that Damian Swann is gonna be a lockdown corner all of a sudden just because Pruitt is roaming the sidelines. Auburn was garbage on defense this year. Marshall gone, Coates gone. They are hyping up this QB for Auburn so we'll see. I think Malzahn is overrated.

I have to disagree with you here Malzahn is a really good coach...

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey, also Clemson is apparently a lock to be the best offense in the ACC next year. I mean, their statistics are soooo close to ours on O.

We need to get a gif of JT next to CPJ, surrounded by next year's seniors, all staring into a camera that zooms in on them. SOON is becoming the official motto of this team.

Yes, yes. Feed your delicious disrespect to CPJ. Shovel it all over JT. We love your disrespect. It nourishes us. And a steady diet of disrespect makes it so much sweeter when we bathe in your tears after beating your 'obviously' better teams.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
So based on this we play #22, #14, #12, & #7....I hear people saying this schedule is harder, and it is, but this would set us up with a guaranteed spot in the playoff (if we win) if those teams maintain a similar ranking...not to mention Duke, Miami and UNC possibly being ranked also. Can't wait!!!

PS. We will play either Clemson or Florida St twice based on past history

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think I actually like this. It feels like we need to be in to be able to carry momentum over to next year - but this is just low enough that it could be seen by the team as a knock.

We need to stay hungry and remember CPJ et all "He haven't done nothing yet" and "We can be SOOOOOOOOOOO much better"

As I always say, win baby win.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
You know I too feel this way. However, we've just won the orange bowl. If we want to become an elite team then at some point we have to get used to being ranked.

I actually agree with this statement we can't play the underdog card every year. We deserve to be between 10-20 next year! Just can't wait till Toe meets leather. Only 233 days till kick off lol

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am still utterly amazed that preseason polls get any traction or discussion at all. Who cares? If you were thinking about possibly caring, just look at 2014 preseason polls and then look at the last. Just win the games. Nobody really knows what teams have until helmets start cracking.

thwgjacket

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rn-tcu-oregon-alabama-florida-state/21517063/

23. Georgia Tech (11-3)

Why No. 23? Because the Yellow Jackets have rediscovered their rhythm on offense. It's clear that quarterback Justin Thomas is the answer under center; he may be the best Paul Johnson has had at the position since arriving in Atlanta in 2008. There's a big hole along the offensive line and some changing pieces in the backfield, but the Jackets should still house one of the best running games in the country. Navigating a tough road schedule will provide the team's sternest test"
110214_tech_print_HS25.JPG

Hole filled...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Next years schedule is going to be brutal. @ ND early. That is going to be a huge game for our program as far as national recognition. Win and the hype keeps rolling from the Orange Bowl. Lose and everyone jumps off the bandwagon. Hopefully we can start clicking on O with by week 3 with a couple new Bbacks, unproven receivers, and finding some depth at Aback. If the O line stays healthy and the D continues to improve like it has, winning game like @ ND @ Clemson @ Duke and @ Miami and home vs F$U, georgia, UNCheat and VT will make us a playoff team. I think we will be better next season but with that schedule our W/L record might not be as good as it was this past season. September can't get here soon enough!
But the good news is this: Notre Dame may slip next year due to some player losses. FSU loses almost an entire team to the NFL including their star. VPI is a program in shambles. We have better players than Duke next year and we have better coaching than Miami next year. We play well against Clemson, generally have UNC's number, and we seem to be over our jitters when playing uga. My point is that all of these games are completely winnable and perhaps not as difficult next season as they would have been last season.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I am still utterly amazed that preseason polls get any traction or discussion at all. Who cares? If you were thinking about possibly caring, just look at 2014 preseason polls and then look at the last. Just win the games. Nobody really knows what teams have until helmets start cracking.
Truth