Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
John, I understand you have certain responsibilities as a moderator of the board, and I appreciate that. But I am not convinced that lecturing us is one of those duties. I, for one, am over the Autry brothers. What SHOULD have transpired, other than Anthony living by the rules of civilized society, was that as soon as Anthony was dismissed--due to HIS actions and no one else's--Myles should have said one way or the other. He should have been clear and immediately forthcoming--I am staying or I am going. This escapade, when lumped together with his recruitment and committment announcement gambit, paint a picture of a somewhat narcissistic young guy who digs attention. You are correct, nothing has actually happened, but the concocted DRAMA being manufactured by the player is a bit disturbing. He isn't in school, he hasn't played a down, hell, he hasn't even jogged around the field or done warm-up exercises. If I had a vote, I'd say "Bye Bye Myles" . Take your sideshow elsewhere if you can find anyone willing to take it.

Well, I for one am glad that you don't have a vote then.

Man, guys....do everyone a favor and climb down off the high horses for a few minutes. The kid was one of the top recruits in the country as a junior and then hurt his knee. Yes, Tech stood by him while SOME of the other schools bailed on him (the report that all others did is horsecrap...he had other offers). But it wasn't like the kid didn't have choices.

And if you're getting your panties in a bunch because he took up until signing day to announce then I feel sorry for you because that's how the recruiting game works when you're going after guys that have a lot of D1 offers. And to be honest, which ones of you would rush to make a decision before taking all of your official recruiting visits....visits where you're literally treated like a king while you're there? That's something that 99.9999% of the world never gets to experience, so I can't blame the kid for enjoying it and taking advantage of it.

As far as this current situation, please listen carefully. WHAT DRAMA? The kid has yet to be officially accepted into the school because he's going through the process of getting cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. (As a side note, the clearinghouse makes the IRS look like the example of fair play & customer service in comparison. I've had kids with 4.0+ GPA's and 30+ ACT scores who struggled to get through the paperwork there because they "weren't sure class xx or class yy was an accredited course". Usually it gets worked out but not without a lot of unnecessary paperwork, phone calls, interviews and other bureaucratic BS.) While he's waiting on that agonizing process to complete, his brother....through his own fault....gets kicked out of the school. So the kid posts on his private twitter account that he's been talking to his brother & trying to decide what he really wants to do. And you guys want to fault him for that? Oh please.

Personally, I want him at GT. I think he has kick returner potential for us this year but has the potential to be a game changer with the ball in his hands...something in short supply at Tech right now. I think we have too many who fit many of you guys' idea of "Tech men"....men who want to be here and that makes em good enough for me. Well not for me. I want guys who can do the coursework, but I also want guys with some attitude. I want some mean, nasty SOB's on both sides of the line who actually strike some fear & respect in the minds of the UGA's, Clemson's, FSU's, VT's and Miami's of the world. I also want some of what Jimmy Johnson said when he said "Speed has no slump".

I want guys who will come up to the line and tell a DB, "I'm about to whip your a** and there's nothing you can do about it." and then go and do it. Whether you hated Deion Sanders or not, there's not doubting that the cocky SOB could play football. And he had an effect on the opposing team's psyche...often times just by pissing them off enough that it made them play outside their usual playing style because they were trying to make him eat his words.

Well I want a team full of those kinds of guys. Is Myles a Deion? Not necessarily...but there are very, very, very few who are. But he is one of those kind of cocky players who have faith in their ability and have an abundance of speed...something else we desperately need at GT right now.

So, please guys...please just take John's advice and let's stop bashing the young man and saying things like "well we don't need his drama" because most of the drama is being manufactured by this board...not by the player in question.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Some people gonna look a little foolish in this thread if he eventually decides to enroll at Tech.

Don't take the actions of a 18 year old young adult so personally. If he goes somewhere else, he isn't personally rejecting you. He's kit doing what he thinks is best for him. Wish him luck and move on to the next.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Man, guys....do everyone a favor and climb down off the high horses for a few minutes. The kid was one of the top recruits in the country as a junior and then hurt his knee. Yes, Tech stood by him while SOME of the other schools bailed on him (the report that all others did is horsecrap...he had other offers). But it wasn't like the kid didn't have choices.

And if you're getting your panties in a bunch because he took up until signing day to announce then I feel sorry for you because that's how the recruiting game works when you're going after guys that have a lot of D1 offers. And to be honest, which ones of you would rush to make a decision before taking all of your official recruiting visits....visits where you're literally treated like a king while you're there? That's something that 99.9999% of the world never gets to experience, so I can't blame the kid for enjoying it and taking advantage of it.

As far as this current situation, please listen carefully. WHAT DRAMA? The kid has yet to be officially accepted into the school because he's going through the process of getting cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. (As a side note, the clearinghouse makes the IRS look like the example of fair play & customer service in comparison. I've had kids with 4.0+ GPA's and 30+ ACT scores who struggled to get through the paperwork there because they "weren't sure class xx or class yy was an accredited course". Usually it gets worked out but not without a lot of unnecessary paperwork, phone calls, interviews and other bureaucratic BS.) While he's waiting on that agonizing process to complete, his brother....through his own fault....gets kicked out of the school. So the kid posts on his private twitter account that he's been talking to his brother & trying to decide what he really wants to do. And you guys want to fault him for that? Oh please.

Personally, I want him at GT. I think he has kick returner potential for us this year but has the potential to be a game changer with the ball in his hands...something in short supply at Tech right now. I think we have too many who fit many of you guys' idea of "Tech men"....men who want to be here and that makes em good enough for me. Well not for me. I want guys who can do the coursework, but I also want guys with some attitude. I want some mean, nasty SOB's on both sides of the line who actually strike some fear & respect in the minds of the UGA's, Clemson's, FSU's, VT's and Miami's of the world. I also want some of what Jimmy Johnson said when he said "Speed has no slump".

I want guys who will come up to the line and tell a DB, "I'm about to whip your a** and there's nothing you can do about it." and then go and do it. Whether you hated Deion Sanders or not, there's not doubting that the cocky SOB could play football. And he had an effect on the opposing team's psyche...often times just by pissing them off enough that it made them play outside their usual playing style because they were trying to make him eat his words.

Well I want a team full of those kinds of guys. Is Myles a Deion? Not necessarily...but there are very, very, very few who are. But he is one of those kind of cocky players who have faith in their ability and have an abundance of speed...something else we desperately need at GT right now.

So, please guys...please just take John's advice and let's stop bashing the young man and saying things like "well we don't need his drama" because most of the drama is being manufactured by this board...not by the player in question.
I agree with most of this. I wasn’t trying to bash the kid at all but I stand by my statement that it just wasn’t a smart tweet. It’s just going to put a bad taste in the coaches mouths as well as the players. I think at this point that the coaches are just going to continue doing their job and if he shows up, he shows up and I think we should do the same.

No panties today--going full commando. I'm sorry. forgive me. I will cease and desist. I said I was over it and I meant it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I want more kids like @daBuzz described in football & basketball. Do the schoolwork, play by the rules, bring the swagger & skills, change the game. If that's Myles and he wants to come here, then welcome home. If he chooses he'd rather make a move with family, I wish him the best of luck in his future.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I get what's going on here and all. But you could probably do well take a minute off from trying to be a jerk to a kid to go see that his message got cut off.

"Yes, Im Reconsidering About Going To Georgia Tech After What Happened With My Brother The Other Day. Not 100% Sure Yet. I'll Make My Decision By Tonight. Nothing Personal To GT People I Love All.. I Want To Play With Family Period.. @2nd_2none80"

Just to be clear... My statement was not meant to be a dig at Myles, just an indictment on myself on how I do not know how to interpret what kids say on twitter. An admission that I am an old fart...

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Just to be clear... My statement was not meant to be a dig at Myles, just an indictment on myself on how I do not know how to interpret what kids say on twitter. An admission that I am an old fart...
I completely understand. I use Twitter to communicate baseball game news and schedule changes to my team; otherwise, I don't even think about it.

However, today's youth look at it as a live, real-time journal that can be read by others and use it to post anything and everything out there.

GravyTrain

Georgia Tech Fan
This applies to several posters on this board, yourself included.

SHOTS FIRED!

shotsfired.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.