Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone else feel bad for Myles though? He clearly wants to play with his brother, and then something that Myles had no involvement in (as far as I know), gets his brother kicked off the team that Myles was coming to play with him on. I don't think it is wise for him to tweet about it, but it does put him in a tough position, and I feel bad for him for that.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone else feel bad for Myles though? He clearly wants to play with his brother, and then something that Myles had no involvement in (as far as I know), gets his brother kicked off the team that Myles was coming to play with him on. I don't think it is wise for him to tweet about it, but it does put him in a tough position, and I feel bad for him for that.
100%

I have a brother that I know is a screwup, but I love him to death, and if I had a chance to play college football with him, and then had that taken away (regardless of whose fault it was) I'd be pretty bummed and disillusioned.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
100%

I have a brother that I know is a screwup, but I love him to death, and if I had a chance to play college football with him, and then had that taken away (regardless of whose fault it was) I'd be pretty bummed and disillusioned.

Based on how the recruiting process went, it seems more likely that his brother was the only reason he chose GT. And now that his brother is gone, there are 10 other schools he'd rather be at. Had his brother played for FSU, he committed, and the Anthony got dismissed... I'm betting things would be different.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
My middle brother was a screwup. Didn't talk to him for eight years. Well, since he's dead, I never spoke to him again, starting eight years ago.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Taking everything into account, recruitment...exemption...tweets....I'd rather see him end up elsewhere in all honesty. Never saw him as the star of the class. No doubt he has talent though. Just not a gd fit in the end IMO.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm just going to say if Myles does not come to GT, I still feel very good about the ABs we have (especially if one of the Austin twins finds their way to AB) and the ones currently committed to us. VERY GOOD.

AB is not a position of dire need like DT.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Taking everything into account, recruitment...exemption...tweets....I'd rather see him end up elsewhere in all honesty. Never saw him as the star of the class. No doubt he has talent though. Just not a gd fit in the end IMO.
I don't like hat shows, teenage athlete egos, immature tweets, etc.

But all that is actually why I want to see Myles come to Tech, make the dean's list, graduate, and play great football.

It has nothing to do with what I think might be most likely to occur and everything to do with what I think would be the best path and outcome for Myles to grow into an adult and achieve his potential.

thwgjacket

If he wants to come and play that's great. If he doesn't then he needs to go. GT football has been being played for a long time and it will continue for a long time with or without him. I wouldn't care if he was a 5-star recruit. Nobody is bigger than the program. This juvenile, attention-grabbing, egotistical behavior is getting old with athletes. The "Whaaa I'm an individual who needs to be treated individually" crap is just dumb. As a former college athlete I can tell you that as soon as your done playing you miss the feeling of being on a team. A lot of jobs don't give you that experience.
For a kid to hold a team hostage on Twitter by saying he's not 100% sure now is ridiculous. Who messed up here? Anthony Autry, not GT. His actions hurt both himself and the team. And now his younger brother wants to act like he's not sure? This guy needs to grow up and understand how lucky he is just to have an opportunity to attend GT, much less play football.
Take this for what it is, a kid being a kid. And no I'm not old, I'm 25 and I knew better than to do something like Myles just did when I was 12. Thanks Mom and Dad.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Not sure why so many of you guys are taking this personally... I don't even know what understand "this" is. Was there some type of announcement I missed? Before you continue to stomp on an 18 year old's (17 years old?) actions or decisions, be mindful of the fact that nothing has happened yet.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
John you're right...
I just think folks are perturbed about the way his commitment back in February finally happened (did he really have a committable offer from FSU?, etc.) on top of not already being on campus due to credit issues and now having to wait for the school -Norcross - and the NCAA Clearinghouse to get all the paperwork handled (although it is supposedly in the NCAA's hands now).
THEN to have Anthony make repeated mistakes that in turn taints the well make the situation frustrating for the fan.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on how the recruiting process went, it seems more likely that his brother was the only reason he chose GT. And now that his brother is gone, there are 10 other schools he'd rather be at.

That's a bingo.
This is why I don't feel like he's going to be wearing White and Gold anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.