Update on Jabari

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Btw, If Jabari has been on scout team while ineligible has he remained on it during the bowl practices up to this point? Then if made eligible he will quickly switch for the last few practices?

If he is still on Scout team then he has continued to be a part of the OL's excellence this year while they prep for the bowl game and so is doing a real service for the team anyway. Second, if he only gets reps for a short time with the 1st/2nd team defense leading into the OB then I am not sure it makes sense to expect him to have a huge impact on the game as he will only get in on snaps or in certain packages where Roof and the rest of the guys on the field with Jabari can be assured he knows exactly where to be and what to do.

He has been on the Scout team for bowl practices.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Not sure when we will find out.

CPJ isn't meeting with the media again until Saturday.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I will hold of my finger nail biting until Saturday. Do you know if his playing is dependent on passing classes or does he have to bring his GPA up?
Only thing I would be concerned about is the NCAA clearinghouse seeing a request for an eligibility review from GT and immediately hanging a sign on the door saying "Closed for Holidays, will re-open on January 2nd."

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Worst case scenario we play with the same guys we have all year. Best case we get a free nasty DT for the bowl. I'd love to see him get a chance to share the field with SD tho

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would we let everybody know if he is going to play? No need to show our hand this early.
He's practicing with the scout team until he's eligible. When he moves to the Varsity, as he will if he plans to play, everyone will know he's going to play. This is not like an injured player that we're playing close to the vest.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
kT8FU.jpg

His momma call him Jabari Hunt, I'm gonna call him Jabari Hunt.
Just FYI the GT athletics site is still calling him Hunt-Days in an article yesterday where it mentioned him as Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year[emoji106]