Update on Jabari

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I have no idea and really don't wanna know why he's changing his name...I'm sure if it's something that he wants us to know then we will :).

We should hear news on his grades today :).

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, it isn't any of our business why he changed his name or how his relation to his (step?)father is going. He wants to be known as Jabari Hunt therefore I will cheer for Jabari Hunt.

I was going to add this disclaimer to my post, but my "tabloid journalist enthusiasm" got the better of me.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
If JH makes it back it will be yet another great story for this season. It is so rare today to see a young man and his family take accountability for things, work hard to fix the situation, AND succeed at it.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
This is correct. I remember meeting the family before Jabari arrived on campus and they were talking about all of that. Synjyn and Jabari arent blood related. Jabari was adopted into the family. From what I was told.

Isn't Marcus Georges-Hunt from the basketball Team a relative as well?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, it isn't any of our business why he changed his name or how his relation to his (step?)father is going. He wants to be known as Jabari Hunt therefore I will cheer for Jabari Hunt.

kT8FU.jpg

His momma call him Jabari Hunt, I'm gonna call him Jabari Hunt.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Pssh, yall worry too much. If GT has taught me anything, its that you ought never attribute to ill omen what can reasonably be construed as beaurocratic incompetence
Especially when it is not an announcement of eligibility for another ENTIRE season. Maybe it is because it is so close to Christmas that practicing patience when you are excited for something, even if it is a small gift, is too much to contain. I don't mean to downplay his possible impact on the Orange Bowl just trying to usher people back from the ledge of extremely heightened anticipation. The defense has made strides over the last 5 games and also showed up very well in the games after bye weeks. So even if Jabari can't play in it I do expect the defense to show up well coached and ready to fight to the end.

I do agree that it is satisfying to see a kid be rewarded if they work hard and stick with it after a screw-up so I definitely am hoping he achieved the grades he needed to regain eligibility.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Btw, If Jabari has been on scout team while ineligible has he remained on it during the bowl practices up to this point? Then if made eligible he will quickly switch for the last few practices?

If he is still on Scout team then he has continued to be a part of the OL's excellence this year while they prep for the bowl game and so is doing a real service for the team anyway. Second, if he only gets reps for a short time with the 1st/2nd team defense leading into the OB then I am not sure it makes sense to expect him to have a huge impact on the game as he will only get in on snaps or in certain packages where Roof and the rest of the guys on the field with Jabari can be assured he knows exactly where to be and what to do.