Undrafted Player Deals

JacketFan137

Banned
That's rich coming from the guy who loves to disparage our players.
it’s not disparaging a player to say yates wasn’t a power 5 talent. his transfer destination said everything i said the entire time.

why you choose to continue to cry about a guy who transferred out of the program in almost every thread whenever i disagree is beyond me.

your hatred of georgia tech is so over the top you turned the undrafted free agent thread into a pile on collins thread by pushing this narrative that 7 undrafted players getting camp deals is something unheard of.

i will continue to support my program and believe we can right the ship. you can continue to cry daily and continue to go out of the way to be negative.

JacketFan137

Banned
One player drafted and another 5 signing pro contracts off a 3-9 team. Must have been the coaching...
i mean come on man this is one of the first comments on the thread. rather than celebrate these boys accomplishments as they get to pursue a lifelong dream you used it as the first opportunity to bring negativity forward about collins. it’s honestly sad

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I really do think that building OL depth takes years, especially starting from ground zero. It’s not like QB, RB, Free Safety where depth = 2 or 3 solid contributors plus healthy walk-ons/freshman. You literally need like
10+ potential contributors. Even if we had great OL recruits under CGC, wouldn’t they still only be Redshirt Sophomores this upcoming season?

It’s insane to me that we can’t all agree that three things are true:

1.) Our Power 5-quality OL cupboard was bare when CGC took over.
2.) CGC hasn’t done a good job recruiting OL in his first two classes.
3.) CBK hasn’t done a good job coaching OL in his first three seasons.

Seriously, why can’t we all agree on the above? Arguing against any one of the three point above is asinine to me.

!!!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
i mean come on man this is one of the first comments on the thread. rather than celebrate these boys accomplishments as they get to pursue a lifelong dream you used it as the first opportunity to bring negativity forward about collins. it’s honestly sad
So sad. Zzzzzzz...

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
No, that doesn't really excuse it either. You would think bringing in guys who started many games for SEC programs would help our OL. It didn't really. Now we are going into another year and we are expecting 3-4 new transfers who haven't played for us or played much at all to be our best offensive linemen. That doesn't seem like a problem to you?
Honestly as hard as I am on CGC, I think it's just going to be the norm from here on out, especially with low funded schools such as ours. Our less highly rated recruits who turn out to be under the radar players will transfer out if the money is right, while the 4 and 5 stars that don't pan out from factories are going to come to our level schools.

That's the nature of the beast if you want the same system as the factories. IIWII.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is a bold prediction, but I’m going to make it anyway. In the 2023 NFL season, the 2021 GT backfield will amass over 2,500 yards from scrimmage (barring injury).
i just wish mason could have gone to a different team. 9ers have so many RBs on the roster all the time and shanahan has had them draft 3 in the last 2 drafts

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought J Thomas had a good chance with Dallas. He made some plays in preseason. Would not be surprised if someone else signed him.

JacketFan137

Banned
I thought J Thomas had a good chance with Dallas. He made some plays in preseason. Would not be surprised if someone else signed him.
i think he’s just got an in between frame between a safety and a linebacker and his ability in coverage is just a little below where nfl teams want.

i think he could contribute on special teams too so he will likely be able to find a spot somewhere

i got nervous for him as soon as i saw the contract. it was definitely a camp contract with pretty bad guaranteed money