Undrafted Player Deals

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Nobody is painting that picture. The only picture anyone is trying to paint is that there was more talent than a team that ends up 3-9 should have, which is absolutely true.

Perhaps stop making wildly inaccurate claims and I will stop questioning why you seem to be on something. I've been on this site since it damn near began, you've been here less than a year.

2 things can be true

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I just have to beat this dead horse. If our two starting safeties make NFL rosters after:

- Being 7th round pick/UDFA
- Displaying some of the worst safety tandem performances in all of college football
- Being the team leaders on some of the worst teams we’ve had in decades

It is SUCH a bad look for CGC. I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that he couldn’t recruit safeties to play better than the previous regime’s recruits, or the fact that these two NFL-quality safeties played so bad for us (specifically under the new regime).

It truly is a lose-lose in terms of confidence in CGC, although I’d obviously love for the guys to make NFL rosters. But anyone who knows anything about our safety performance knows its a bad look/super embarrassing even if they do make NFL rosters.

Why would a safety recruit wanna play here seeing that even our NFL-caliber safeties get coached so bad here they’re undrafted and got $ taken out of their pockets?

JacketFan137

Banned
I just have to beat this dead horse. If our two starting safeties make NFL rosters after:

- Being 7th round pick/UDFA
- Displaying some of the worst safety tandem performances in all of college football
- Being the team leaders on some of the worst teams we’ve had in decades

It is SUCH a bad look for CGC. I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that he couldn’t recruit safeties to play better than the previous regime’s recruits, or the fact that these two NFL-quality safeties played so bad for us (specifically under the new regime).

It truly is a lose-lose in terms of confidence in CGC, although I’d obviously love for the guys to make NFL rosters. But anyone who knows anything about our safety performance knows its a bad look/super embarrassing even if they do make NFL rosters.

Why would a safety recruit wanna play here seeing that even our NFL-caliber safeties get coached so bad here they’re undrafted and got $ taken out of their pockets?
this is a pretty big stretch. is it a good look? no. but its not unheard of for bad teams to send a player or two to the nfl. there are considerably worse things collins has done that deserves criticism. this is hardly a real talking point.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
this is a pretty big stretch. is it a good look? no. but its not unheard of for bad teams to send a player or two to the nfl. there are considerably worse things collins has done that deserves criticism. this is hardly a real talking point.
I didn’t say a bad team to send a good player or two to the NFL. That would be Jordan Mason. I said sending a bad player (according to college performance) to the NFL. That’s a reflection of coaching. No shi+ bad teams have good players who go to the league. I do this for a living and know what’s normal. I had big time agents and front office folks literally question - to me - our safeties’ playing abilities because of the on-field results.

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
I didn’t say a bad team to send a good player or two to the NFL. That would be Jordan Mason. I said sending a bad player (according to college performance) to the NFL. That’s a reflection of coaching. No shi+ bad teams have good players who go to the league. I do this for a living and know what’s normal. I had big time agents and front office folks literally question - to me - our safeties’ playing abilities because of the on-field results.
that’s just flat out not true.

duke in the 2021 draft class had four players DRAFTED after finishing 13th in the acc at 2-9 behind us

2015 kansas went 0-12 and had 3 players drafted

2019 maryland went 3-9 and had 2 players drafted

2021 nebraska went 3-9 and had 3 players drafted

this was from like 2 minutes of googling lol. if you wanna say it’s a bad look that’s fine. to act like it’s unheard of is a large stretch of the truth and leads me to believe your claims of doing this for a living are questionable at best

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

duke in the 2021 draft class had four players DRAFTED after finishing 13th in the acc at 2-9 behind us

this was from like 2 minutes of googling lol. if you wanna say it’s a bad look that’s fine. to act like it’s unheard of is a large stretch of the truth and leads me to believe your claims of doing this for a living are questionable at best
b30.jpg

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
dabo said he’d quit coaching if the players started getting paid. i think some of you guys have to understand college coaches aren’t exactly speaking in 100% truths all the time and say things mostly to sell programs or push their ideas out there. nitpicking college coaches is a pretty futile exercise
I do agree that some coaches exaggerate (not uncommon).

I've been watching some Tulane highlights (CCL's most recent stop) and I'm actually hopeful that he could be a good fit here. Maybe this also helps CBK perform better. I noticed more quick reads/decisions. Hopefully this takes some pressure off of the O-line. Who knows...

JacketFan137

Banned
“No shi+ bad teams have good players who go to the league. I do this for a living and know what’s normal. I had big time agents and front office folks literally question - to me - our safeties’ playing abilities because of the on-field results.”

i provided a rebuttal with several examples of this EXACT thing happening my man. just because you’re obsessed with me doesn’t make it a straw man argument

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

You’re missing my point so bad it’s unreal. I never said bad teams don’t have good players who are drafted. Did those 2 or 3 players from those bad teams perform as bad as the worst players in the country at their positions? You’re smarter than this, I’ve read your posts.

Literally the first person I looked up from the Nebraska 2021 draft class was Brenden James who was Honorable Mention All Big 10 3x in a row. Decided to move to Kansas. First player I looked up was Ben Heeney who was 1st Team All Big 12. Your examples are irrelevant to my point.

I have to keep editing because every guy I’ve looked up (second Kansas player) was also 1st Team All Big 12. I’m done now.

Last edited:

JacketFan137

Banned
You’re missing my point so bad it’s unreal. I never said bad teams don’t have good players who are drafted. Did those 2 or 3 players from those bad teams perform as bad as the worst players in the country at their positions? You’re smarter than this, I’ve read your posts.

Literally the first person I looked up from the Nebraska 2021 draft class was Brenden James who was Honorable Mention All Big 10 3x in a row. Decided to move to Kansas. First player I looked up was Ben Heeney who was 1st Team All Big 12. Your examples are irrelevant to my point.t
after re reading what you said i think i was confused by your grammar. when you said “no **** bad teams send players to the nfl” i mistook it as “no bad teams sent players to the nfl” the grammar confused me.

regardless it’s still not super surprising because juanyeh and tariq are so athletic i think their measurables alone are what got them there.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Leads me to believe your claims of doing this for a living are questionable at best
I don’t need to flex to make a point on GTSwarm lol. I’ve been here way too long for that.

after re reading what you said i think i was confused by your grammar. when you said “no **** bad teams send players to the nfl” i mistook it as “no bad teams sent players to the nfl” the grammar confused me.

regardless it’s still not super surprising because juanyeh and tariq are so athletic i think their measurables alone are what got them there.

That’s fair, I can see why my phrasing confused you. My point was that we had safeties with great measurables, they got undercoached, and they lost $ because of it. Now, Juanyeh and Tariq are having to earn their chance purely based off their athletic abilities/measurables. Not their tape. Their tape cost them $.

If you think other college coaches won’t use that against us in recruiting, you’re delusional. “Go to GT with NFL measurables, work your *** off, and barely get a shot because you won’t be coached well.” Whether fair or not, it’ll happen.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
“No shi+ bad teams have good players who go to the league. I do this for a living and know what’s normal. I had big time agents and front office folks literally question - to me - our safeties’ playing abilities because of the on-field results.”

i provided a rebuttal with several examples of this EXACT thing happening my man. just because you’re obsessed with me doesn’t make it a straw man argument
You are incredibly vain. You post non-stop on this site, your posts are literally unavoidable. No one is obsessed with you, get over yourself.

@GaTech4ever has already confirmed what my post said, which is that you are arguing about is not at all what he said.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
You are incredibly vain. You post non-stop on this site, your posts are literally unavoidable. No one is obsessed with you, get over yourself.

@GaTech4ever has already confirmed what my post said, which is that you are arguing about is not at all what he said.
He admitted my phrasing confused him, let’s just move on guys. I actually don’t think we’re truly disagreeing anyways. And I’ll be honest, I enjoy both of your posts - sometimes I feel out of place here because I’m so moderate in terms of my feelings about CGC/CPJ compared to both sides.

JacketFan137

Banned
I don’t need to flex to make a point on GTSwarm lol. I’ve been here way too long for that.

That’s fair, I can see why my phrasing confused you. My point was that we had safeties with great measurables, they got undercoached, and they lost $ because of it. Now, Juanyeh and Tariq are having to earn their chance purely based off their athletic abilities/measurables. Not their tape. Their tape cost them $.

If you think other college coaches won’t use that against us in recruiting, you’re delusional. “Go to GT with NFL measurables, work your *** off, and barely get a shot because you won’t be coached well.” Whether fair or not, it’ll happen.
i think that’s so far down the laundry list of things coaches would use against us im not really worried about it. most players don’t really keep up with the nfl draft process enough to understand who a guy like juanyeh or tariq even is. most kids know the absolute top top guys and maybe guys they went to hs with.

unless tariq and juanyeh absolutely take off i don’t think that will be brought up. i also think they’re in different positions now.

slugboy

Staff member

Juanyeh and Tariq both publicly expressed love and respect for their former DB coaches when we did not renew their coaching contracts. Juanyeh and Tariq at least thought their coaches were telling them the right things to do.

I don’t know what was going on in the defense, but Tillman has all the DBs now. If the DBs don’t get coached correctly this year, we at least know it’s a different coach doing it.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
i think that’s so far down the laundry list of things coaches would use against us im not really worried about it…most kids know the absolute top top guys and maybe guys they went to hs with.
Yeah, they’ll just use Gibbs as the example sadly (i e. you can be a star at GT and it still not be good enough). I’m really not piling on, I’m just getting bittersweet feelings seeing the super positive reports about Jalen Camp, Jordan Mason, Juanyeh and Tariq from camp. Then you have guys like Cottrell and Tyler Davis who are STILL in the league.

But until we get an OL (which I totally agree with your previous posts about # of years required to build legit OL depth), the offensive skill guys will continue to get looks even on a bad offense.

JacketFan137

Banned
Juanyeh and Tariq both publicly expressed love and respect for their former DB coaches when we did not renew their coaching contracts. Juanyeh and Tariq at least thought their coaches were telling them the right things to do.

I don’t know what was going on in the defense, but Tillman has all the DBs now. If the DBs don’t get coached correctly this year, we at least know it’s a different coach doing it.
i really want to know what the deal with that was. every db put up awful film last season and this was true top to bottom. out of position constantly, getting burned bad, and we had coverage lapses leaving guys out on the field with enough land to farm on. i know juanyeh has actually defended collins a few times on social media after the season as well so maybe they just want to say positive things about everyone and not burn bridges which is respectable.