UNC

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Most of the facts came out in 2010, iirc, and they didn't get probation until 2015. I suspect that they have their ducks in a row by now.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Most of the facts came out in 2010, iirc, and they didn't get probation until 2015. I suspect that they have their ducks in a row by now.
One of the most important had to do with an academic counselor and the NCAA reopened the inquiry a year ago, I think. Maybe two. And this investigation discovered, surprise!, that earlier "investigations" -- one by a former governor of the state -- didn't even bother talking to coaches or some such. Don't remember exactly because I've already decided they are guilty, guilty, guilty, and let's have a hanging. Something like that. By the latest activities, however, they managed to keep it away from the deity of Dean Smith and even Ol' Roy, and the football coach is gone, so in that regard, yeah, the ducks are lined up. But if it looks like a duck ...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
One of the most important had to do with an academic counselor and the NCAA reopened the inquiry a year ago, I think. Maybe two. And this investigation discovered, surprise!, that earlier "investigations" -- one by a former governor of the state -- didn't even bother talking to coaches or some such. Don't remember exactly because I've already decided they are guilty, guilty, guilty, and let's have a hanging. Something like that. By the latest activities, however, they managed to keep it away from the deity of Dean Smith and even Ol' Roy, and the football coach is gone, so in that regard, yeah, the ducks are lined up. But if it looks like a duck ...

Sorry, I meant that UNC won't lose accreditation because they were given enough time to fix the academic problems. Losing accreditation and NCAA penalties are completely seperate adjudications.