UNC Series

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Three close games make sense, I think we'll see a lot more runs. But I said that for the L'Ville series too and was wrong.

Ys, but WN is also not taking into account the difference in ballparks. There will more fly balls that sneak out, and hence more runs, this weekend. If we meet again in Durham, it will be a low scoring game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Well, showing 2-1 GT right now. Winning Fri 7-5 and Sun 7-2, losing Sat 5-6. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/team-predict-schedule?team=Georgia-Tech

F if I know his algorithm. Maybe it varies by alcohol content?

Gotta play the games. I'll watch Friday, miss Sat and listen Sun hopefully. IIWII.

I agree. I don't pay any attention to weekend "projections". These are college kids. Most prognosticators can't predict games played by professional athletes, let alone college kids.

Although I do have my own biases, that make me think we'll win or lose on a given weekend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Somehow we're up to #17 in RPI this morning. If we don't play again, I think we can get to #1.

LOL, I think it was because Creighton dropped to #18 due to their opponents performance yesterday. Here's the RPI numbers and shows how close things are from RPI #14 to #23. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/team-impact?team=Georgia-Tech

Today's game we get 43 points for the win and lose 50 for the loss. Only need to get 473 points to #1!

Again, no need to stress over the numbers. Either we win and go up or we lose and go down. (My statement of the obvious in the tradition of Yogi.)

Deleted member 2897

Damn do I want to go 2-1 this weekend! I almost would be okay with 1-2 if we get the 1 today. I think that’s my blood pressure talking to me.

Deleted member 2897

What if we sweep?

A sweep, and we're probably #11 in the country in RPI and in the polls.

Strangely, that Warren Nolan stuff predicts we sweep UNCheat (albeit by like 1 run every game, which means we probably have a 30% chance in his calculations of getting swept ourselves).

What I find very odd is that his calculations expect us to go 1-5 against BC and VT in the upcoming series. Those are 2 of the bottom 5 teams in the ACC.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Game notes still list our pitchers as X/Thomas/Hurter. Are these updated, or is X still rumored to be out today?
From what little inside info I have, it doesn’t look good for X pitching tonight. And this one caught me by surprise—Hurter may not be pitching Sunday due to some arm pain...

Don’t shoot the messenger and I hope the info I was given doesn’t come to fruition and both guys are good to go this weekend.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Game notes still list our pitchers as X/Thomas/Hurter. Are these updated, or is X still rumored to be out today?
My suspicion is those notes are "fire & forget"... definitely not updated ...& I'd say the info on who is starting is simply obligatory. Especially the way it plays out for Tech this week. Xay sort of a gameday decision based on what CDH said midweek.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
If it wasn't mentioned above, I dont see this as a game X HAS to pitch in. This is why we have other guys. I wouldnt even throw him if he came in @ 95 %.

I have that much confidence in our starters and we really will need X to be our work horse down the stretch.