UNC Series

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I missed the Saturday game. I was in the Appalachian mountains without any cell coverage, drinking Irish whiskey and reading the Dali Lama after a great AT hike. So I'm glad I missed the drama of a 6 run blown lead. Bartnicki, Gibson and Hughes giving up 6 runs in 2 innings. Uggghhhhh.

Since I was in a relaxed frame of mind, I didn't tune into today's game when I got into cell range at 3PM. I wanted to check out the scores and, if necessary, rip the band-aid off the wound real real real quick. I wasn't real optimistic after Friday's loss.

Today's game, kudos to Hall for pulling Bartnicki in the 6th after giving up a double. I'd rather not see Bartnicki EVER come in in a close game until he stops being a raging dumpster fire, but given the error of putting Bartnicki in, at least Hall didn't double down like he usually does. (Bartnicki, Gibson and Hughes giving up 6 runs in 2 innings. When that happens occasionally, I understand. When it has happened for a decade, it's time for a change.)

Our team is flat out kicking ***. They have become wasps like I said last week. Nothing surprising about losing Friday with a mid-week starter starting. But to come back, is just flat cajones.

The players on this team deserve where they are.

Nothing is assured. Just beat UGAg on Tuesday. A massive amount of RPI points @UGAg.

I also was out of touch this weekend with a friend from Arkansas visiting. Could have looked at the scores last night/ this morning and listened to the end of today's game, but decided to wait until she left this afternoon after listening to the game Friday. Was a great boost for my Sunday into Monday after seeing the SAT and SUN results!

Need to keep it going though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep... but it's also early April.

Spoken like a seasoned GT fan. Just keep winning.

If you had told me that we wouldn't have two of our three weekend starters, there is no way I would have picked us to win the series.

Guess that's what 26 runs in three games will do. Scary thing for our opponents is that one of our hitters in a key part of the line-up hasn't gotten going this year (or last summer in Cape Cod).