UNC @ GT

Squints

Helluva Engineer
It did look bleak. Heck, we had one person thinking it was all over early and that we would get swept. Anything can happen in beesball, ANYTHING !

Already admitted I'm a pessimist lately when it comes to our baseball team and happy to be wrong. Our best pitcher had just given up five runs, we have no pitching depth behind him, and our offense to that point had been abysmal the whole series. Happy about the win but we lose that game more often than we win it. Can't make a living making up deficits in the late innings every game.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Already admitted I'm a pessimist lately when it comes to our baseball team and happy to be wrong. Our best pitcher had just given up five runs, we have no pitching depth behind him, and our offense to that point had been abysmal the whole series. Happy about the win but we lose that game more often than we win it. Can't make a living making up deficits in the late innings every game.

I agree about our pitching depth issues and I concur about you can't making a living making up deficits. The well eventually runs dry.

My apologies, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad to be back! Walk off hit in the first game. Of course.

We got robbed in the fifth. Spinoza was NOT picked off. His hand was clearly on the bag before the 1st baseman even started to sweep towards Spinoza. That would have been a run with the next two hits.

Oh well, nothing easy about GT baseball.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does Datoc know he is supposed to throw strikes? 7 in a row so far.

Now 8, to load the bases. Damn, maybe I'll turn it off.

Now Bailey has a bad throw to not get the DP. Down 1-3.

This is a lot like yesterday where Justus had a bad throw to not turn a DP and then Bailey bobbled the ball to miss the pick off. Those two outs "could" have had the game go to extra innings.

Our pitching is so bad we have to be flawless in the field.

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
It was the 7th with Carolina getting a pair of runs.

Time to make another RALLY!! Let's go to the well until it's dry!
I'll put on my sports psychology hat here- if you can develop the capability to come from behind then rallying at the end of the game is not so daunting. If you repeatedly choke, then you tighten up which increases the odds of choking.

Now I'm not a fan of falling behind and suffering from cardiac arrest every other game, but atleast we have that capability & it makes us dangerous. We've seen the alternative. I like the baseball/football version we've been able to watch on a seemingly regular basis.