UNC expected to win by 21 points

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
One of our DL's said we would try and close the pocket around Maye. Has me worried. He has gotten big yards this year by getting on the edge. He is their leading rusher for a reason and if he breaks contain, he can get outside the tackles. He either throws it away, gets out of bounds, or slides. Tough to get a big hit on him. Throws well on the run. Will be a real test for our D.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
One of our DL's said we would try and close the pocket around Maye. Has me worried. He has gotten big yards this year by getting on the edge. He is their leading rusher for a reason and if he breaks contain, he can get outside the tackles. He either throws it away, gets out of bounds, or slides. Tough to get a big hit on him. Throws well on the run. Will be a real test for our D.

Maye , and even the RBs (watch FS and UM games) will kill us if Thacker continues to use his DEs to crash the middle, follow blockers inside, and cover TEs and RBs on pass plays. He has the DEs doing much but nothing like setting the edge or containing. "Setting the edge" seems to be low or no priority in our D strategy. If we had DEs like the Clemson #11 a few years back (but we do not) this strategy might work, but we are just giving up too much on the outside and forcing our DBs or LBs to make too many tough tackles in the open field after precious yardage is lost.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Maye , and even the RBs (watch FS and UM games) will kill us if Thacker continues to use his DEs to crash the middle, follow blockers inside, and cover TEs and RBs on pass plays. He has the DEs doing much but nothing like setting the edge or containing. "Setting the edge" seems to be low or no priority in our D strategy. If we had DEs like the Clemson #11 a few years back (but we do not) this strategy might work, but we are just giving up too much on the outside and forcing our DBs or LBs to make too many tough tackles in the open field after precious yardage is lost.
It's tiresome seeing the QB get away on the outside, but there has to be pressure on him and containment both. It's a tall order, especially with a QB like Maye. Our best defense is to move the sticks on offense and keep him off the field as much as possible.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
A little over 4 weeks ago I thought this game would be for the Coastal title.

Now I’m worried we will eclipse last year’s 100 point margin over the final 2 games.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Let's see, no McCollum, down to the 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks, 3 offensive linemen injured in the second half adds up to...a stunning upset of the 13th ranked Tar Heels with a slow the game down, play defense, perfectly executed game plan to get the game into the fourth quarter. Just like Dodd used to do so many times. Congratulations to Coach Key, his staff, and most of all to a team of courageous, determined young men who never doubted themselves even when everyone else, including me, had written them off.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Key is 2/2 when the other team is favored by 20+. UGA is likely going to be favored by 20+.

the-mandalorian-odds.gif

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Key has shown again that he can scheme and execute a plan. It always comes down to the players but Key does seem to know how to put them in a position to win.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You make a really good point on the crashing ends that I think many don't see.

Last night we crashed some and got gapped on a couple of big runs when we did but it seemed overall our containment was much better. I have wondered why we crashed the ends so much. I guess it was to stop the inside rush (it does help that effort) and the view was we have excellent tacklers on the outside between out lbs ad nickel so why not crash to stop the inside rush. Nevertheless, Maye was really hurt last night by us containing better and not letting him get out of the pocket.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If Downs had caught that pass with 4 minutes left, we would not be so ecstatic this morning. Glad it was him that dropped it. He's from GA. Should have stayed home in Atlanta.