#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
Worst GT team in my existence. Not sure if it’s the players fault though.
Bill Curry - 11 wins in 4 seasons from 1980-83 - says hello

1638047766865.jpeg

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just got home.

1. I was isolated in a sea of red, in a Tech season ticket section. That pisses me off even more than the outcome

2. You knew that lady luck wasn't with us from that opening weird kick return. I hope Gibbs is OK.

3. I await coaching changes and signing day. Til then bring on round ball and volleyball.

4. I received more pity from Georgia fans today than vitriol. That hurts my pride in the worst way.

I will continue to support our Student Athletes, but I don't know what Collins can do to regain my trust and respect.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
The tragedy of this season is not so much the UGA or ND debacles. It was NIU, Clemson, BC, VT, Miami, UVA. Win 3 of those and there is progress. Win 4 and there is a bowl. Lose them all and the losing becomes the story and the resolve of the players takes a hit. These last two are a culmination of the crushing loses that preceded them. That is the failure that screams for accountability.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got home.

1. I was isolated in a sea of red, in a Tech season ticket section. That pisses me off even more than the outcome

2. You knew that lady luck wasn't with us from that opening weird kick return. I hope Gibbs is OK.

3. I await coaching changes and signing day. Til then bring on round ball and volleyball.

4. I received more pity from Georgia fans today than vitriol. That hurts my pride in the worst way.

I will continue to support our Student Athletes, but I don't know what Collins can do to regain my trust and respect.
Could not have said it better.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I am sure many of our players are thinking this is not what they thought they were signing up for. Highly rated transfers looking for a new start, so many who never
even played, or have been mysteriously injured since they arrived. Promising underclassmen whose skills have not only not improved, but seem to have deteriorated. Like good soldiers they all say the "politically correct " things on the media. The coaches try to put a happy face on it with "coach speak" gibberish.
The efforts seem designed to have us believe that this is all normal rebuilding..........we will go 3-9, 3-8, 3-9 then "next season " we will be seeing results of all the hard work we have been putting in and go 10-2.
The sad facts are that most of our players have not improved their skills, techniques and discipline, and that lays squarely at the feet of the coaching staff.
Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with some new assistants will have little effect. The problem is the guy at the top. After next year we will be even more certain of that fact than we are today.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The sad facts are that most of our players have not improved their skills, techniques and discipline, and that lays squarely at the feet of the coaching staff.
Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic with some new assistants will have little effect. The problem is the guy at the top. After next year we will be even more certain of that fact than we are today.
Agree I hope our AD understands it

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
At the presser , Collins has said that

The program has taken a big step backwards the last two games, he did lose the team, and that changes in is staff will be looked at over the next few days.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The tragedy of this season is not so much the UGA or ND debacles. It was NIU, Clemson, BC, VT, Miami, UVA. Win 3 of those and there is progress. Win 4 and there is a bowl. Lose them all and the losing becomes the story and the resolve of the players takes a hit. These last two are a culmination of the crushing loses that preceded them. That is the failure that screams for accountability.
This is the narrative I don't get. How the hell do you know that the resolve of the players takes a hit? Are you in the locker room? Are you in the dorms with these guys? Unless you are, it's just speculation. I think it's more that "the resolve of the fans takes a hit."