#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Collins would be well served to give a mea culpa in today’s presser. I don’t think it’s gonna happen, but it would help with fan perception.

he can’t. It’s not in his dna. He’s the “money down” coach. He’ll find a way to work “rebuild” and “effort” into the interview at an elite level.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I kinda feel bad for Choice in this position. He is a HIGHLY regarded recruiter and talented position coach who is back at GT which he loves but is stuck with a HC and others who aren’t pulling their weight. Can his career withstand another 1-2 years here under the same HC?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I kinda feel bad for Choice in this position. He is a HIGHLY regarded recruiter and talented position coach who is back at GT which he loves but is stuck with a HC and others who aren’t pulling their weight. Can his career withstand another 1-2 years here under the same HC?

I would imagine his body of work is easy to evaluate here no matter what else is going on around him.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1638044450362.jpeg

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder what kind of chicken salad Stansbury is force feeding to the high rollers right now. Is he still seeing “progress and was he just buying time with Collins is his man”? Will the OC and DC coaches be gone? Does Geoff have the stones to fire them? Will Todd force his 🖐?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Oddly, the TV announcers said it was the worst shutout in history. That of course is because UGA doesn't recognize any of the games played during WWII as having actually happened. (Except for their national title, of course.)
Yeah the graphic on the screen showed:

Tech 48-0
Tech 46-0
GA 45-0

But then said this was the largest margin of victory. We can’t even win games that we win against uga 😐

slugboy

Staff member
Two consecutive shutouts. I’ve been watching for 30 years, I don’t remember two shutouts before this year - the other one I do remember is VT 2 years ago, but that’s it. Glad it’s over.
Up until 2019, our last shutout was in 1997. VT shut us out in 2019.

The last year we had two shutouts was 1961, but they weren’t consecutive.

I quit looking when I got to 1959.