#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At this point, I'm just numb to our losses. Honestly, I thought UGA could have made it worse than 45-0. I just wanted to get through this game and close this season.

One thing that REALLY bothered me about this game is how bad the self awareness of some of our players are. That points back to our "culture" and our coaching. Someone will have to explain why our players thought jawing off after each play was a good look when we were down in the second half. It seemed like every time UGA made a play for a first down or a nice gain, one of our guys would jaw off...like dude, they just made a good play on us, and we're down multiple touchdowns with no offensive threat, why the eff are you talking sh!t?! Embarassing.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m in my mid twenties. I have never seen GT beat UGA in person (I never go to Athens). At this point I’m not sure I ever will. I’m not sure I will ever get to bring my kids to big time college football games at Bobby Dodd. Today was the first time I’ve ever seen us legitimately out numbered in our own stadium. I’ve been to every uga game at Bobby Dodd since 09. I’m very down on the prospects of the future of our program. GT football is my favorite sports team of all time and it’s not particularly close. I’m worried the rest of my life will be spent watching my favorite team slowly wither up and die. Am I crazy to be worried about that?
Everything comes around in life. It may be a while but GT will triumph again. We’ll beat the mutt again & when we do it will be glorious.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Everything comes around in life. It may be a while but GT will triumph again. We’ll beat the mutt again & when we do it will be glorious.

This is a great reminder. It's what keeps me watching. When it finally happens it will be the more fantastic because we will probably be underdogs and the Dog faithful will be flabbergasted. When you don't win many, the ones you do win are very special.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Maybe it's just me but I don't think he plans to fire anyone of his coaches maybe move some around. If something is done it would have to be the AD which I'm not too sure he would. The AD made his 2nd mistake, 1st hiring CGC, 2nd was saying he had his coach next year. You don't say that during the season just like you don't say you are going to fire him. You say after the season we will evaluate it at the end of the season. Looking at CGC face when he is answering the questions you can see he is not worried .

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I am personally disgusted with all of the Tech fans who sold their tickets to UGA fans. The entire Tech section of season ticket holders looked red, as did the rest of the stadium. I don’t care how bad we may be. If you don’t want to go, fine. But don’t let UGA fans sit in your seats.
And for all of you from here from Atlanta who get on this site and criticize coaches and players but do not bother to show up and support the team at BDS, you are part of the problem.
Just my two cents.
+1.

At least a lot of the club seats we gold, empty, but gold and not red.

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is a great reminder. It's what keeps me watching. When it finally happens it will be the more fantastic because we will probably be underdogs and the Dog faithful will be flabbergasted. When you don't win many, the ones you do win are very special.
Just wish they’re not as special as they’ve gotten. This is in a tad bit shocking, spectacular or maybe historically fantastic range. I’d prefer good old uncommon or bit unusual or somewhat surprising.

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m in upper east and damn if that wasn’t the worst hostile takeover of upper east I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s majority other team fans with a healthy Tech congregation near the middle, but the whole entire thing was solid red today.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I’m in upper east and damn if that wasn’t the worst hostile takeover of upper east I’ve ever seen. Sometimes it’s majority other team fans with a healthy Tech congregation near the middle, but the whole entire thing was solid red today.
The only section I say what wasn't either empty or filled with red was the player's parents section.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Just got home.

1. I was isolated in a sea of red, in a Tech season ticket section. That pisses me off even more than the outcome

2. You knew that lady luck wasn't with us from that opening weird kick return. I hope Gibbs is OK.

3. I await coaching changes and signing day. Til then bring on round ball and volleyball.

4. I received more pity from Georgia fans today than vitriol. That hurts my pride in the worst way.

I will continue to support our Student Athletes, but I don't know what Collins can do to regain my trust and respect.
Regarding the regain trust, start with replacing the DC. Need at least 1-2 years for the O line recruits to mature.

slugboy

Staff member
The early ‘80’s were bad but we had a chance to beat even the top teams in the country then.
Like I said in another thread, I tracked back to 1959 and couldn’t find consecutive shutouts. Curry did have a pair in 1982, and there was another pair in 1958.
Collins has at least 3 in three years.