#UGAvsGT Postgame. 45-0, Tech loses

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes but they finished 6-6 which means we still haven't beaten a P5 opponent with a winning record these last 3 years.

Turns out they were highly overranked.
So far the only ranked teams Georgia has beaten are Clemson and Arkansas this year. Clemson isn't ranked now and Arkansas is ranked #25. They still get credit for beating 2 ranked teams. Don't diminish our Top25 win. (I know you're trying to make a point)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
USCw was an unstoppable power until they weren't. Miami was a juggernaut until they weren't. Florida, Auburn, LSU, tOSU, ND, Washington, all of these teams were riding the wave until it crashed. This too will pass with uga and we'll once again be competitive with them.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So far the only ranked teams Georgia has beaten are Clemson and Arkansas this year. Clemson isn't ranked now and Arkansas is ranked #25. They still get credit for beating 2 ranked teams. Don't diminish our Top25 win. (I know you're trying to make a point)
You think UNC is as good a team as Clemson!!!! Come on, I know Clemson is down this year but they are still a 9 win team and that’s a whole lot better than a six win team.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
This is got to change . This is my last ever post on it. I will never ever commit on it again. I tired but the tech nation don’t care. It’s sad truly sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
USCw was an unstoppable power until they weren't. Miami was a juggernaut until they weren't. Florida, Auburn, LSU, tOSU, ND, Washington, all of these teams were riding the wave until it crashed. This too will pass with uga and we'll once again be competitive with them.
We haven’t been competitive with them in decades. Everyone talks about how one sided Bedlam is, yet OSU has now won more games against Oklahoma since 2000 than Tech has against Georgia.
The 4 most recent games have been absolute beat downs, all of them by 24+, and 3 of them by 30+. And none of those teams you mentioned have ever poured money into their programs like Georgia currently is, and most of them weren’t juggernauts like Georgia currently is. They’re outspending everybody, and Tech is $200M in the hole. I’d argue there’s not currently a more one sided in-state rivalry in the country. Maybe Purdue-Notre Dame, but they don’t play every year so it’s not really a fair comparison. Even Vandy has beat Tennessee more since 2000 than Tech has beat Georgia, hell Vandy only has one less win against Georgia than Tech does.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Go take a look at UGA's 2022 recruiting class if you havent seen it. It's ridiculous. They are way ahead of everyone. Not only are we not beating them anytime soon, they may be building a dynasty.
Which is mainly my point. I fear they’re building a Bama-esque dynasty, and only a couple teams on the country even have a hope to keep up. Auburn was able to stay competitive with Bama through the Saban dynasty because they were still somewhat in the neighborhood of spending, recruiting, and fan base. Tech isn’t even in the same continent with UGA. Bama’s won 10+ games every year since 2008, and 6 nattys in that span. Thats 14 straight seasons of a dynasty, and since Saban has interest in returning its not over yet. If you say Georgia’s “dynasty” started in 2017 and it runs for 14 years, then it’ll be 2031 before we are even competitive with them again. And that’s if we can figure our own stuff out. I just want that feeling of pride, joy, and excitement that so many other “little brother” programs got on Saturday. It’s just hard to see a future, near or far, where that day will come again

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Depends on leadership and priorities. Top down. No excuses for not being one of the top programs in the country. Location, location, location.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Most if not all of the Top 10 teams aren't playing a true freshman at center, walk-ons, and sophomores across the line. Two years of CGC true recruits is what we have now, i.e. Sophomores or Redshirt freshman. Spend a moment reviewing the roster...

... You might feel a little better about it's future.
Are the sophomores COVID sophomores or true sophomores? But my main point is that those guys aren’t getting better. You get better when you play usually, we seem to be getting worse.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Tell me when we played #6 and #1 back to back and that’s probably when if ever we were shut out back to back. Sadly, I was bothered by our other game performances more.
Can’t get shutout, period. Lose bad yes, shutout at home, no. We had chances to at least get three, but squandered them away.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

And Northern Illinois won their division this year. Just depends on how negative you want a loss to appear.

Some on this board say this is year 3. I consider this year 1. We started with year 0. Then COVID year. Now year 1. I like the raw talent on this team. I like the recruits and commits comments. I like the decision to keep Collins. I also agree that I would like to see a new defensive coordinator.

Continue bickering. Some probably wanted to get rid of CJP…and probably cheered when we took home a banner last year.
Good grief dude. So did no one else play football last year?

Wake up and look at what’s in front of you. What we’ve seen so far is a slight uptick in recruiting accompanied by an inability to develop players and serious game day coaching deficiencies. Plain and simple.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just want that feeling of pride, joy, and excitement that so many other “little brother” programs got on Saturday. It’s just hard to see a future, near or far, where that day will come again

I want to get back to the point that I actually look forward to the game. It was such an important part of the entire Thanksgiving experience. Even though we usually play the underdog role, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that we might pull the upset even though it rarely happened. The last several years the thought of winning doesn't enter our minds. Although I believe this will pass as others have mentioned. My brother is a graduate of OSU (Buckeyes). In the '80's , they could not beat their bitter rival UM no matter how much they were favored. Now, they have beaten them like a rented mule for the last 20 years (yesterday excluded).

Gomez Adams

Jolly Good Fellow
Even though we usually play the underdog role, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that we might pull the upset even though it rarely happened.
That. Well said.

Getting simply blown out like that year after year is just awful.

UGA has scored 45 or more points on us every year Collins has been here. The last time UGA scored 45 points on us before Collins showed up was 2002.