UGA

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Over under on probation for impermissible benefits in 5 years? Kirby isn’t a good coach and he sure the hell isnt Dabo or Nick. They sold their soul (what little was left) when they fired Mark. I’ll bet anyone they’ll win zero. 0. National titles and we beat them at least 1/3 times we play them.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Man give that a rest. A lot of things can happen when you dealing with 100 different personalities.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Kirby isn’t a good coach and he sure the hell isnt Dabo or Nick.

the narrative over the last several months, especially the one the parrot media keeps squawking, is how Kirby is building a giant in Athens and how much a Saban Jr. he is turning into.
I still haven't heard anything that funny since the last time I saw Ron White in Vegas.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
My UGA connections (formerly within the program) say "everyone is." It would take an investigation from outside the state -- since I also know that it is personally known all the way up the chain. Maybe not the details, but there is no one in the admin/regents who matters who doesn't know this.

Also. I only have a problem with it if they are not paying and treating kids fairly. I assume they are not, given the way Blankenship was handled.

Also. NCAA is a joke. The question isnt "should we pay players" -- it's how should the wildly uneven and unenforceable agreements in the wild be made legal and fair to the kids getting taken advantage of.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I blame Florida and Tennessee for this nightmare scenario. Ugag is finally realizing their potential and those two are in total disarray.

We are going to regret how many games we lost against bad Mutt teams in Richt’s twilight years because our window of opportunity is being slammed shut.

Deleted member 2897

In the last 6 years:
* 40 arrests
* 41% graduation rate

Any recruit who signs on to go to uGA is publicly stating they want their college career to be defined by mayhem and chaos.

Deleted member 2897

The SEC once again has 10 teams in the top 25 in recruiting class rankings. Happens every year. Its just mind boggling how you can get so much talent, yet do so incredibly poor with it. Half of those teams won't even play 0.500 ball this year. And thats especially jaw dropping when you factor in how easy their schedules are.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
The SEC once again has 10 teams in the top 25 in recruiting class rankings. Happens every year. Its just mind boggling how you can get so much talent, yet do so incredibly poor with it. Half of those teams won't even play 0.500 ball this year. And thats especially jaw dropping when you factor in how easy their schedules are.

These two statements may be related. I am not one who buys into the narrative of they beat up on each other but this helps the cause.

Deleted member 2897

These two statements may be related. I am not one who buys into the narrative of they beat up on each other but this helps the cause.

They aren't related (well, they are, but there are ways to see through it). They play weak schedules and lose to crazy teams. We beat the snot out of Tennessee, but they stole a win. They stole a win over UMass 17-13. Missouri lost to Purdue and Texas. Kentucky barely squeaked by Eastern Michigan, Southern Miss, and Eastern Kentucky, LOL and lost to Northwestern. Arkansas lost to TCU and beat Coastal Carolina by 1 point. Ole Miss lost to Cal. Texas A&M lost to UCLA and Wake Forest and barely beat Nicholls State LOL.

There's a reason why outside of like 4 teams the rest of the conference rates so weak. They play nobody and beat nobody.

The whole "Best Conference, Best Football" is a farce. If Alabama didn't exist, they would look like a mid major conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I hate to say it, but uga I feel is going to be consistently good in the foreseeable future. Sure they lost a lot of talent on D and some running backs, but let’s face it...they beat us more times than not. Yes we’ve come close. Yes we should’ve won a few more games against them. But they’re good dude. I’m not saying they’re invincible or that Tech can’t beat them, I’m just being real here. Some on here refuse to admit that uga is a good football team, at minimum.

With all that being said...
THWG. Piss on the dwags. I hope we have a 3-peat in Athens this year.

Deleted member 2897

I hate to say it, but uga I feel is going to be consistently good in the foreseeable future. Sure they lost a lot of talent on D and some running backs, but let’s face it...they beat us more times than not. Yes we’ve come close. Yes we should’ve won a few more games against them. But they’re good dude. I’m not saying they’re invincible or that Tech can’t beat them, I’m just being real here. Some on here refuse to admit that uga is a good football team, at minimum.

With all that being said...
THWG. Piss on the dwags. I hope we have a 3-peat in Athens this year.

How many games do you think they would win if you and I were the coach? I think we would win at least 8. I mean, how could you not win with that much talent and that schedule? They are a very good team indeed. They're also on average a bunch of undisciplined hooligans.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Bottom line, GT and UGA recruit different types of players, but also a lot of the same players as well, especially inside the state. Everyone is well aware of the completely different Academic and Team rigors.. most kids aren't buying into the Tech degree and style of play. Our guys are tough because they beat the **** out of each other day in and day out. I would bet money that practices at UGA look far different than ours. Just look at our attrition rates in past years, prior to kickoff.... either way, piss on Georgie and I could give a **** less how well they do this year. The SEC East is a joke!

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They aren't related (well, they are, but there are ways to see through it). They play weak schedules and lose to crazy teams. We beat the snot out of Tennessee, but they stole a win. They stole a win over UMass 17-13. Missouri lost to Purdue and Texas. Kentucky barely squeaked by Eastern Michigan, Southern Miss, and Eastern Kentucky, LOL and lost to Northwestern. Arkansas lost to TCU and beat Coastal Carolina by 1 point. Ole Miss lost to Cal. Texas A&M lost to UCLA and Wake Forest and barely beat Nicholls State LOL.

There's a reason why outside of like 4 teams the rest of the conference rates so weak. They play nobody and beat nobody.

The whole "Best Conference, Best Football" is a farce. If Alabama didn't exist, they would look like a mid major conference.

We did not “beat the snot out of UT.” We lost to the worst Tennessee team of all-time. A team that lost to every team they played in conference. Claiming a moral victory over an Illinois type team is embarrassing.

Georgia, LSU, Missouri, and Vandy best the snot out of UT.

Deleted member 2897

We did not “beat the snot out of UT.” We lost to the worst Tennessee team of all-time. A team that lost to every team they played in conference. Claiming a moral victory over an Illinois type team is embarrassing.

Georgia, LSU, Missouri, and Vandy best the snot out of UT.

Did you not watch the game? I said they beat us, LOL. In the history of the entire program at Tennessee, they had never given up that many rushing yards in a game ever. We ran through them like **** in a tin horn. I wasn't claiming any moral victory. I was using us as a data point to show how weak Tennessee was last year, despite having such elite recruits. We were a bad 5-6 last year and they needed a miracle to beat us (and UMass, etc.).