UGA - SunTrust Park

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am not commenting further on Hall since it doesn't matter. I said what I believe in https://gtswarm.com/threads/half-time-review-need-better-pitching.11982/ and after the season I plan to post another poll seeing how people feel. Unless we win out and win more ACC tourney games than we lose, we are going to have our 6th season in a row where we don't have a winning ACC record. But it doesn't matter what I think and I won't dwell on it.

We finally got to see (although I did not attend the game) Conner Thomas. He struck out the first batter he ever faced as a college pitcher with a man on third to end the inning. He got in trouble in the next inning with some infield hits. He was seen as a potential starter until he had academic problems that side lined him for the last semister. He may help the rest of the season.

As to Connor, I really like that he was played. As I said elsewhere if he can help the team, he should be used. Here are his stats from last night (I didn't make it a priority to follow the game.)
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=174812
  • 2.0 IP.
  • 4 hits, one of which was a double. Sounds like two of the four were in-field hits that our D didn't do a good job on.
  • 22 strikes in 38 pitches. 58% which is low but awful. No hit batters (shouldn't even be a consideration but we are talking about GT pitchers).
  • One strike out and two walks. Not good there.
  • He got ahead of the hitters most of the time with 10 of 12 getting first pitch strikes.
  • 4 ground outs so he was getting the hitters to keep it down to one fly out.
  • His first collegiate appearance.
Overall, I'm not disappointed. Not ecstatic, but with better D it could have been much different.

I hope to see a lot more of him so he gets experience for next year. Like Duke/ Mercer and UVa as well as the ACC tourney. I also hope he does Cape Cod summer ball.