UGA - SunTrust Park

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Anyone getting this hat though?

Well the picture is too large but it's a blue and shiny gold braves A with a GT on the side

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Uga has better pitching than us, always. Last night they were very lucky with almost half of their hits being infield squibbers, and a crook behind home plate wearing an umpire's outfit. Give Coach another year to get his pitchers well.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Worth pointing out (even though it falls in category of "loser talk")... this was the 4th game in 4 days. We have not played 4 in a row all year. Sucks that the final game against UGA lined up on the schedule that way.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Excuses, excuses, excuses. What about all the years where we were quite healthy and did zilch in the postseason? So many apologists.

If you have been following this board at all, you should know that the vast majority are NOT CDH apologists. We may not all be at the point of wanting his ouster just yet, but most are highly critical of his product and lay the blame at his feet.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
We finally got to see (although I did not attend the game) Conner Thomas. He struck out the first batter he ever faced as a college pitcher with a man on third to end the inning. He got in trouble in the next inning with some infield hits. He was seen as a potential starter until he had academic problems that side lined him for the last semister. He may help the rest of the season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We finally got to see (although I did not attend the game) Conner Thomas. He struck out the first batter he ever faced as a college pitcher with a man on third to end the inning. He got in trouble in the next inning with some infield hits. He was seen as a potential starter until he had academic problems that side lined him for the last semister. He may help the rest of the season.

I was at the game and got to see him pitch. He whiffed his first batter to end the inning on three pitches...leftie on leftie. He ran into serious bad luck after that, as (iirc) we failed to cleanly field two sac bunts that wound up being base hits in each of the next two innings, and he couldn't work out of trouble. The one downside? Not throwing strikes after that first hitter. His ball to strike ratio was terrible (about 50-50 iirc). He looked very effective vs lefties imho, but that was surely a tough situation to make your debut..in front of , what, 25,000 fans? I saw promise IF he doesn't get "Gt disease" of avoiding throwing strikes. He did give up some sharply hit line drives to deep in the outfield, which would have been trouble had they not been at someone or in a smaller ball park, and that's why I think Hall pulled him.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I wanted him gone 5 years ago.
So you didn't like those 2 ACC championships? Consider this, Hall has won more ACC championships in the last 5 years than the football and basketball teams have won in the last decade. I hate losing to Georgia with a passion, but it would be stupid to fire a coach who has a winning record against them and happened to have one very bad year against the dwags. He also may be the only coach in any sport at Tech with a winning record against Ugag (other than maybe Heppler). He is not going to get fired after this year anyways, but he will probably need a very good year next year in order to stay around.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I don't wanna move on because of 3 losses to Uga. I wanna move on because the results haven't nearly matched the yearly talent level for a while. There comes a tipping point where you have to say this trajectory and the trends aren't getting the job done. Clemson realized this with Leggett and we are in that same scenario.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't wanna move on because of 3 losses to Uga. I wanna move on because the results haven't nearly matched the yearly talent level for a while. There comes a tipping point where you have to say this trajectory and the trends aren't getting the job done. Clemson realized this with Leggett and we are in that same scenario.
I get that, but I still feel that CDH needs to be given one more year. I feel this way because he has had tough luck with injuries over the past couple of seasons, yet he is still winning and has won 2 ACC championships in the last 5 seasons. I also feel that he needs one more year because that #3 ranked class he signed will be juniors and RS sophomores next year which is when those types of classes typically make their impact in college baseball. Just look at UNC for evidence of that. If I remember correctly, UNC had the top class 3 years ago. They missed the tournament the last 2 years (and the ACC tournament last year), but now they are probably going to be the #2 national seed in the 3rd year of that highly ranked class. If Hall doesn't do anything next year, then I'll say it's time for change and Stansbury should look at Josh Holliday.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I get that, but I still feel that CDH needs to be given one more year. I feel this way because he has had tough luck with injuries over the past couple of seasons, yet he is still winning and has won 2 ACC championships in the last 5 seasons. I also feel that he needs one more year because that #3 ranked class he signed will be juniors and RS sophomores next year which is when those types of classes typically make their impact in college baseball. Just look at UNC for evidence of that. If I remember correctly, UNC had the top class 3 years ago. They missed the tournament the last 2 years (and the ACC tournament last year), but now they are probably going to be the #2 national seed in the 3rd year of that highly ranked class. If Hall doesn't do anything next year, then I'll say it's time for change and Stansbury should look at Josh Holliday.
My bad, I just looked it up on perfect game and UNC had the top class last year, the number 6 class 2 years ago, and the number 8 class 3 years ago. That's what I call recruiting (or paying).