UGA preparation

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He said tech historically averages 6 wins (probably true). And asked why there is an expectation to win when their is little commitment to football and even Duke has 3 times the recruiting staff as us. You got triggered by the truth.

Did he really say this? If so, no wonder he can’t recruit... What a loser.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We have pretty decent facilities, besides the locker room. We had an indoor practice facility before Miami and Clemson and our meeting rooms are legitimately nice. We need to invest in people not infrastructure. CPJ is right and has been basically begging for staff, so I see no problem with him telling it like it is.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
We have pretty decent facilities, besides the locker room. We had an indoor practice facility before Miami and Clemson and our meeting rooms are legitimately nice. We need to invest in people not infrastructure. CPJ is right and has been basically begging for staff, so I see no problem with him telling it like it is.
I'm hoping this is the kind of stuff Tstan can get done. That's what i'm hoping to hear from @jacob per the pay sites.

jacob

Banned
Can you divulge some of this? Everyone has really high hopes for Tstan turning around the Athletic department. So far I haven't heard much of what he's done. I know he got the adidas deal done, but a new apparel deal was coming no matter who the AD was.
Not sure what I'm allowed to share.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I can't blame him for this, he's a competitive guy and wants to win. When he's not given the resources to compete better I can't blame him for making it known. Hopefully the school takes notice and something's will change, especially with Todd here now.

I don't know what he did or did not say. Assuming he did take some shots, that's not a good sign. In my professional career, when a guy starts making his grievances with management public, it never really ends well. And, when it gets to that point, the guy airing his grievances publicly has reached his limit. It's a "play me or trade me" gambit that doesn't usually work well. Let me be the first to say, I am only speculating based on some posts here and haven't listened myself. Will check that out later.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what he did or did not say. Assuming he did take some shots, that's not a good sign. In my professional career, when a guy starts making his grievances with management public, it never really ends well. And, when it gets to that point, the guy airing his grievances publicly has reached his limit. It's a "play me or trade me" gambit that doesn't usually work well. Let me be the first to say, I am only speculating based on some posts here and haven't listened myself. Will check that out later.
I agree with that, but CPJ has done this in the past. I think he's just getting sick and tired of the way things are and it wouldn't surprise if he quit if things don't change soon. Really, for the school to handle things the way they do really isn't fair to a coach imo.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with that, but CPJ has done this in the past. I think he's just getting sick and tired of the way things are and it wouldn't surprise if he quit if things don't change soon. Really, for the school to handle things the way they do really isn't fair to a coach imo.

Its why gol got worn out too. Ask him.

The school wont change. Need a president first. We dont have one. We have a guy who warms a chair and loves status quo and perks.

The AD can try. But good luck. facilities is easier to touch than headcount. Had to do with how you ammoratize and depreciate capitol invesments which hiring staff is not

Bottom line. Until we have a football shado staff of 9-12 not including strength team. We will always be a flukey team.

Then. You need to add a few more good assistants in the fold. Our assistant coaches are really not p5 quality if you look at the total group. Its all about paying em. Our DC is paid very competitively. No one else really is. Some guys should retire

Paul is irritated. Eventually he will retire or leave . Probably sooner than later imo. We will see after next year what happens. If he is lame duck or not. Contract ends 2020 iirc. Hard to recruit the 2019 class with that in limbo

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So first of all, I didn’t listen, so I’m just going on what you guys have said...

Now...I’ve always supported the guy, but I’ll play devil’s advocate here, since he’s begging the question. If we’ve historically averaged six wins, and that’s what we should expect, then why the hell do we need him? Couldn’t we get someone less expensive and accomplish the same thing and use that money elsewhere?

It’s kind of a pathetic excuse. Our locker rooms and fundraising didn’t give a half assed effort on Saturday at Duke and they didn’t fail to make adjustments at halftime...If he wants to throw that excuse around when we get boat raced by Clemson, fine...I get it...but not after getting embarrassed by a team that just lost six games in a row.

If it is truly his attitude that we are just doomed to be a six win team because that’s what we’ve always been, then we will never consistently rise above that with him as our coach. How many successful leaders do you guys know that tell their people, “hey, don’t expect to be better than what you’ve always been...just accept it and move on.” Yeah, I don’t know of any either.

The guys is frustrated, and I get it. He’s probably sick of everyone second guessing him and his players left and right, so I’m sure he’s more frustrated than anyone...but he’s sending the wrong message to his players and needs to get away from this narrative.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Its why gol got worn out too. Ask him.

The school wont change. Need a president first. We dont have one. We have a guy who warms a chair and loves status quo and perks.

The AD can try. But good luck. facilities is easier to touch than headcount. Had to do with how you ammoratize and depreciate capitol invesments which hiring staff is not

Bottom line. Until we have a football shado staff of 9-12 not including strength team. We will always be a flukey team.

Then. You need to add a few more good assistants in the fold. Our assistant coaches are really not p5 quality if you look at the total group. Its all about paying em. Our DC is paid very competitively. No one else really is. Some guys should retire

Paul is irritated. Eventually he will retire or leave . Probably sooner than later imo. We will see after next year what happens. If he is lame duck or not. Contract ends 2020 iirc. Hard to recruit the 2019 class with that in limbo
No arguments here with that.

Jmonty71

Banned
If anybody listened to the radio show holy crap this coach is getting on my nerves!!!! Went on a whole rant about why we suck. You're the damn head coach!
I think he is frustrated. He knows what needs to be done. Whether the school will invest the time and money, is another question. You can't buy a Cadillac with a Hyundai budget. I can see where the frustration comes from.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I feel that Peterson has held back the athletics at Tech across the board...we never mention him in any of our threads, but he does not impress me at all and I get the feeling he could care less about athletics.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It doesn’t matter if he’s frustrated, arguably the most important aspect of his job is selling the program to recruits.

Can you imagine a sales/marketing guy crapping all over his employer like that to the media and retaining his job?

Wtf is wrong with this guy.

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
CPJ didn't say anything that wasn't true. Some of our fans have high expectations without a high level of commitment (compared to other schools on our schedule). Need more money so we can hire more headcount & upgrade facilities. And he didn't say Duke has 3X the recruiting staff as us....he said they've got the 3rd biggest recruiting staff in the ACC...basically pointing out that even Duke is taking football more seriously than in the past.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It doesn’t matter if he’s frustrated, arguably the most important aspect of his job is selling the program to recruits.

Can you imagine a sales/marketing guy crapping all over his employer like that to the media and retaining his job?

Wtf is wrong with this guy.
Do you actually think any recruits are hearing this lol? I doubt they even know about the CPJ call in show