uga Postgame

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Darn proud of the team. Played well together. Free throws may be our undoing, again, this year in some close games. (Hope I have to eat those words come the end of the year.)

I'm not as concerned as some about this.
Neither Mitchell or Cox are going to be great FT shooters. That will cost us some points during games. (though they did well in game one)

But in close games where we have to make FT's at the end to hold on to a win I actually have some confidence in what we can put on the floor.
Jorgenson is a near 90% FT shooter. Heath is over 75%, Q is over 80%. Tadric has made all his FT's so far and was a good FT shooter in HS.
We can put a lineup on the floor that can protect the ball and make FT's.

RamblinRed

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not as concerned as some about this.
Neither Mitchell or Cox are going to be great FT shooters. That will cost us some points during games. (though they did well in game one)

But in close games where we have to make FT's at the end to hold on to a win I actually have some confidence in what we can put on the floor.
Jorgenson is a near 90% FT shooter. Heath is over 75%, Q is over 80%. Tadric has made all his FT's so far and was a good FT shooter in HS.
We can put a lineup on the floor that can protect the ball and make FT's.

RamblinRed
And this was put on display at the end of the game, when up 3, I think we had Sampson, Jorgenson, Heath, MGH, & Stephens on the floor, with Travis ending up at the line.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I loved Mitchell revealing how CBG actually has been talking to them about the UGA game since the preseason with the whole "we don't lose to them, we don't do that!" kind of talk. That cracked me up as I had listened to CBG's weekly press conference before the game then pregame radio interview and post game presser and radio interview first. In all of those he was just giving the coach speak of "well you have to be careful because although its a big game it is also just one game, and this year just the first game even so you don't want to set it up as more than it is." And the whole "getting to wear the Tech uniform to play the in state rival is just a bit more special than suiting up for other games" line.

But behind the scenes he was practically trash talking for the game. :) CBG may not let Mitchell get interviewed ever again if he is going to undercut his public "coach speak."