UGA Postgame Discussion

True they lack the academic restrictions. But maybe we have a few things they don’t? What about our location in the city? It provides a unique environment that if sold correctly could be appealing to some. What about our tradition? It’s pretty good when compared to a school like Mizzou. Proximity to recruits? Atlanta is a flat hotbed. I know there is a ton of competition but how many D1 recruits does Mizzou produce?

For whatever reason GT has been able to succeed in producing consistently competitive teams. While I understand the gap between us and the elite, I’m certainly not willing to concede to programs we have been historically better than. We need to rally the fan base and accentuate the positives of this program. Not cling to negative stereotypes that produce excuses and acceptance of sub par play. I’m not trying to be critical of you. I know you are a good fan. But I believe in self fulfilling prophecies and If we think we are a sub par program that is lucky to finish 500 I believe that is what we will get. I’d rather overvalue the program than undervalue it. I know it’s a cliche that drives many on this board mad but the acceptance of mediocrity is the death nail in a program. That mindset is more dangerous than any coach to our program. I say this acknowledging we should not expect to be where Clemson and uga are right now. Unfortunately they are our 2 biggest rivals.
I disagreed with almost every post you made last night, but I agree 100% with this one.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Please re-read my post. It’s in reference to Mizzou.
Sorry, I’ve seen us compared to the mutts, Clemp, Furd, Northwestern, Duke and nearly every other program near us. It went over my head that anyone would compare us to Mizzou. Now that you mentioned it what do they have at all remotely in common with us other than they play the mutts? They are in no way like GT in any way, shape or form.

NatvAtln

Georgia Tech Fan
And they pulled Taquan’s helmet off after the whistle while he laid on the ground causing him to miss the crucial 4th down on our first drive that was killed by TO and his cadence that false started the entire O.
Thank you for mentioning this .When I saw that it made me mad that the refs were asleep and missed it. I also now wonder how often this happens in games. I expected to see them knock our QB out of the game.

I have a question , we had a little over 30% predict we would win the game. Why ? Was it because our defense had been able to play 2 great halves in a game? If so let me know which game it was cause I don't remember it. Was it because you thought our offense line was playing good ? OK I bought into that crap not sure why but I did. Was it because we had won the last 2 times in Athens ? Was it because we started 1-3 and than ended 6-1 and were 7-4? And you thought but we could have been 9-2 and we should have beat South Florida and Pitt. Guess you could say that but you could also say we could have lost to Miami and UVa if the brakes had not went our way. The fact is we were a 7-4 team no matter no worse just a plain average team in college football. For us to win uga would had to come out and be flat as a pancake and we would need to play perfect and have all the luck on our side. What does all this mean ? I guess it means we are like 90% of the rest of college football teams average. Some on here want CPJ gone they don't like the offense and think that hurts recruiting, not sure I buy that but they do. Some want to keep him because he did turn things around after a 1-3 start. But I'm still confused why anyone really thought we would win. I don't want to be embarrassed which we were and embarrassed we looked so bad. I have no idea what to do to fix this but I have a fear that a past AD may have been right with what he said and we all crucified him. I like CPJ but I'm on the fence being hard headed can work for you or against you. This year it seems to be working against him. Wish I knew the answer and I guess I could make stats up like some on here but what good would that do?

Anyone who truly thought we could win yesterday's game either is paying no attention to college football or knows nothing about college football or is clinically delusional.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who truly thought we could win yesterday's game either is paying no attention to college football or knows nothing about college football or is clinically delusional.
Meh, you COULD win. Like, GT could play out of their minds, and UGA could turn it over and stuff happens.

But UGA SHOULD win, and for GT fans to EXPECT to win is what is foolhardy, IMO.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
And what are Mizzou's academic requirements for entry and what majors do they offer that allow athletes to remain on schedule for graduation? (Hint: it is NOT a good comparison to GT.)

What does academics have to do with anything? Their talent level is comparable to ours, with similar # of 4star players. Do their 3stars play better because they have lower ACT scores or something?

northgajacket

Banned

Well, they can't even manage to spell state. They might run this state in football but hard to imagine them running anything else in this state.

Football better work out, otherwise this guy's future consists of " Do you want fries with that?" or selling "peeches" by the off ramp. My God what an indictment on the education system in this STATE.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I just want proof, yes there is a possibility you made it up or were punked yourself.
This is it

u3q8j-hv_normal.jpg
Austine Bryson (@AustineBryson14)
11/24/18, 3:25 PM
⁦‪@GeorgiaTechFB‬⁩ He wasn’t ready pic.twitter.com/wLSlU5S85k

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

northgajacket

Banned