UGA - COFH Part 2

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would keep him on normal rotation now.

I want Barlow, Brace, Roedig, Shirah and Chapman to pitch more. I really like what I have seen from these guys and they are probably going to be the pitching core next year. I wanted to see more of Mannelly this year, but somebody said that his arm was in a cast so that explains why.

Bartnicki has excellent stuff, he just needs to learn to pitch at this level and it typically takes a freshman pitcher an entire year to get his feet under him. The most important thing I look at for freshman pitchers is strikeouts to innings pitched. If they have more strikeouts than innings pitched, they are going to develop into their potential.
Man do I ever agree with this. I am tired of seeing the same old guys come in and fail out of the bullpen. It is really hard to believe the guys you mentioned would do as badly as the guys we have put out there. I understand loyalty to a guy, but at some point, the team has to come first.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
As Yogi strolled through the airport with his teammates to board a plane, one admiring fan called out: “Hey Yogi! You look cool!”

Yogi turned toward the fan and replied, “Thanks. You don’t look so hot yourself.”

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Don’t disagree and it sounds like Auburn is worth keeping him in the weekday rotation.

Not sure we should send him out again vs UGa though

If we throw him against Auburn, I'd throw him again against UGa. He has to learn how to adjust to teams from start to start if he's ever going to be successful moving forward.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we throw him against Auburn, I'd throw him again against UGa. He has to learn how to adjust to teams from start to start if he's ever going to be successful moving forward.

Are you talking about Willingham? I'd rather do what is best for the team than his career development. I think UGAg will ravage him again if he starts against them. Having a team see a pitcher three times is very unusual and is a tremendous advantage for the batters.

How much longer can Willingham play for us? This is his third season with the first two at Snead State Community College. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=220336

I don't know if those first two seasons count towards his four years. He is draft eligible this year since he is already 21. I don't think he'll get drafted this year; if he does well with us next year maybe.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t know about draft, but he is not 21 yet. He has been a big help this year. 3 times against 1 team is rough. I think some addressed that earlier. Yesterday was a waste

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Are you talking about Willingham? I'd rather do what is best for the team than his career development. I think UGAg will ravage him again if he starts against them. Having a team see a pitcher three times is very unusual and is a tremendous advantage for the batters.

How much longer can Willingham play for us? This is his third season with the first two at Snead State Community College. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=220336

I don't know if those first two seasons count towards his four years. He is draft eligible this year since he is already 21. I don't think he'll get drafted this year; if he does well with us next year maybe.
He is a junior so he is draft eligible regardless of age. I do think that he should probably stay for another year even though he has the stuff and makeup to get drafted relatively high.

This is also one of the reasons that I hate the weekday matchups since the opposing team is likely to see the same starter 3 times. I imagine that we will see ugag's for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks as well.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Yes. And, as a season ticket holder and die hard fan, I'd rather our coaching staff do what's best for the team as well. However, in my opinion, a GT head coach does his/her job if he/she prepares their players for the next level (after all, isn't that what college is all about), which is what Coach Hall has always seemed to do. Even if the year to year results don't seem to agree. This year, perhaps that's letting Amos face UGA again for a third time. If so, perhaps he learns something that can help us later this season or post-season. My preference would be to see a pitcher like Amos taking the mound later in the year that has faced adversity and has shown an ability to overcome it. You can't do that without putting your players in the face of adversity and seeing how they handle it.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He is a junior so he is draft eligible regardless of age. I do think that he should probably stay for another year even though he has the stuff and makeup to get drafted relatively high.

This is also one of the reasons that I hate the weekday matchups since the opposing team is likely to see the same starter 3 times. I imagine that we will see ugag's for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks as well.

Let me re-phase the question since I wasn't clear. Can Willingham pitch one or three more years for us? I.e., does Snead State Community College count against his four years?