UGA - COFH Part 2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-17-tech-heads-to-take-on-no-2-uga/

Probable starters same as last meeting:
Willingham v Elliott

Interesting given Willingham's Friday start had 89 pitches. Also, UGAg has seen Willingham and should be better prepared for him.

Guess it really doesn't matter who starts since Willingham will have a turn in the rotation; maybe also see Lee, Winborne, Shirah, Carpenter, Barlow, Brace, Gibson, English, Roedig, Bartnicki and Hughes, i.e. everyone other than X, CT, Hurter. (I think that covers the bases or plates or bags or dishes or :barefoot:)

Mannelly has dropped off the screen, rumored to be in a sling. Any confirmation?

By the same token, we have seen the UGAg pitcher and hopefully make short work of him. UGAg has to stay ready for @Tenn this weekend. Go Vols!

I think the two teams will score a total of 16 or more runs. At least if it's a complete game. Right now 50% chance of rain through 8 PM, then chance drops off.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting given Willingham's Friday start had 89 pitches. Also, UGAg has seen Willingham and should be better prepared for him.

I think you're right, it's probably another instance of "set it and forget it" for ramblinwreck.com. I doubt Willingham starts considering his workload against UNC on Friday.

If uGA is pitching the same guy as last time, the name of the game HAS to be drive up pitch count. They seem to have a couple really good starters with a forgettable bullpen.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

Guess it really doesn't matter who starts since Willingham will have a turn in the rotation; maybe also see Lee, Winborne, Shirah, Carpenter, Barlow, Brace, Gibson, English, Roedig, Bartnicki and Hughes, i.e. everyone other than X, CT, Hurter. (I think that covers the bases or plates or bags or dishes or :barefoot:)

Mannelly has dropped off the screen, rumored to be in a sling. Any confirmation?

By the same token, we have seen the UGAg pitcher and hopefully make short work of him. UGAg has to stay ready for @Tenn this weekend. Go Vols!

I think the two teams will score a total of 16 or more runs. At least if it's a complete game. Right now 50% chance of rain through 8 PM, then chance drops off.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hurter for an inning just to keep him fresh for Sunday.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else going to The Cesspool today?
The kiddo and I will be heading that way and hopefully will get better results than lastyear.

I think if we can score early and often to get them off balance, we will end the smiling ;)

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd love to start one of our best against the Mutts, but I think it's important to get X back on schedule for Friday nights. Assuming he's healthy enough, I'm not sure we see him tonight at all.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to start one of our best against the Mutts, but I think it's important to get X back on schedule for Friday nights. Assuming he's healthy enough, I'm not sure we see him tonight at all.
^^^This. Curry threw 60+ pitches on Sunday (2 days ago). He's not pitching tonight.

...& yes, back on track for the weekend. Although, this would be a perfect time (& excuse) to move CT to Fri & set Curry to Sat. That is my preferred rotation going forward.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We've been a little fortunate to be getting these midweek games v UGA & AU on weeks they have SEC series starting the following Thurs. In both cases, we've managed to get runs 1st or early and/or often forcing the opposing coach's hand on whether to use bullpen arms to stay in game or punt & hold the best for conference games.

Need to run PC up on Elliott (again) & get a few crooked numbers posted.

Looking ahead to next week, we'll be in same scheduling situation. Play AU on Tues.... then travel to Blacksburg for Thur-Sat series.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
3 hours ago GT Baseball had a tweet about COFH tonight. Looks like the weather is clearing up later. Maybe it gets delayed but I’d bet on them playing.

Thankyou.

We are heading that direction.

Will stop and eat along the way.

Hope to see plenty of white and gold in the stands.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
UGA baseball Twitter just posted a starting lineup for them. Still no mention of weather.

However, Weather Underground doesn’t paint a pretty picture for avoiding rain anymore.