UGA (1st of 3)

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Sometimes it is coaching, but it has mostly been injuries, guys getting blocked, and academics for us. In this year's class, Kale Ledford and Jason Rooks were 2 guys that I was really excited about, but I heard that academics were a problem for them and they never made it on campus. As for guys getting blocked, Barzilli was going to be a good player for us, but Justus blocked him at SS. Stallings would have been a huge help this year, but again, he was blocked and probably wouldn't have seen a lot of starting time without injuries (which have occurred again). I am sure that guys have left because of coaching, but that's not the only reason.

It is the coaching. Kale and Jason are good but would not be starting on the team this year. Barzilli ended up going to TCU and started every game at 3rd base for a team that went to omaha. Stallings should have been in the starting lineup last year instead of kel. Another guy,Blake Jackson left because he was getting no playing time to Brandon gold(our Sunday starter).Gold ended up not even playing 3rd the year after. You have to blame the coaching!! When you start the same people every game and give underclassmen no chance. yeah,there gunna transfer to go play somewhere else. Justus, Hyde, Bailey, peurifoy, craport and many more never had days off and clogged up their positions for other players. Even when these players would be in slumps they would still be playing. For years Danny Hall stuck with the same 9-11 players the whole year and we would suffer the years following. This year he’s finally changed things up and has played younger players and has used different starting lineups and I’ve really enjoyed that. Unfortunately, the only reason he’s doing that because job is on the line and he’s know it.

twofortheroad

Georgia Tech Fan
The one thing to keep in mind we only have so many scholarshps and can cary only so many players I think that plays into these decisions more often than not. Grant Stallings just didn't have any success in the summer and they had to make a decision with the known factors at that time. I think the deadline to pull or extend scholarship offers is July 2nd and they wanted to give him a chance too. I don't agree with all the decisions as for players that are currently on the team but I would think that game play and practice success factors into all of this. I am not so sure that they are working enough with the players to really develop them. I know at D1 you need to come in with a ready set of tools but you still need to work with them and assist them to make progress. Are there enough coaches?