UGA (1st of 3)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ga Tech will try to keep things rolling after a great week of baseball at Russ Chandler (4-0) over the last 4 games. Next up... UGA.

By my count, UGA is 6-0 in mid-week (Tue or Wed) games this year. Against this crowd of teams (RPI):
Kennesaw St x 2 (#120)
Wofford (#140)
Citadel (#229
Ga State (#70)
Charleston Southern (#261)

That is not an impressive "field"... but they did win them all. Ga Tech is by far the toughest mid-week test UGA has faced so far.

On the other hand, Ga Tech is 5-2 in mid-weekers against this list:
Auburn x 2 (#9)
Ga Southern x 2 (#108)
Mercer (#32)
Ga State (#70)
Ark-Pine Bluff (#277)

This will be a good test for both teams. Its a big game for the obvious reasons...
1) Good MUST conquer EVIL...UGA represents all that is awful with the world and particularly college athletics.
2) Post-season resume builder....These wins over quality "P5" high RPI teams not only improve the record... but are factors in bidding, seeding, and geographic placement come tournament time.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!

Deleted member 2897

So you're saying that georgia is an overrated team who schedules weak opponents? If this weren't posted on the Baseball page, I wouldn't be able to guess which sport you were referring to with a statement like that. :D

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Huge week for Georgia Tech baseball!! Uga and FSU are both ranked. I’m going to atleast one game this weekend, hopefully we can pump the players up by filling the stands. I haven’t seen Russ Chandler packed in years and this would be a great weekend to change that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is all on Hurter's shoulders. Not sure I want to waste many innings out of Datoc or (especially) Archer...so we need Hurter to be effective into late innings. The rest of our bullpen may be rested, but many of them have not proven themselves to be effective yet this year.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
The forecast has already changed, and for the better.Now it looks like all three games are in the clear.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Baron and Serratos need to have a good game in this one probably my 2 favorite that are freshman, I'm hoping Baron can break out here after a few games hoping he does Serratos is a good infielder we need to play Baron more in my opinion so hope we can win tonight!! Go Jackets!!!