UCLA Commit Scores 92 in HS Game

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m slowly coming around to the fact that this dude’s a genius. Has one extremely talented son who he’s leveraging to promote his other two sons by staying in the media. He could very well just be as much of an idiot as some of the things he says but I think he’s saying things just because he knows the media will pick up on it. Honestly, how much would anyone give a **** about his other 2 sons right now if Lavar came off as an intelligent man? Right now he’s moving closer and closer to a shoe deal for all 3 sons when only one has any real talent.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
There is a way to go about things IMHO without creating an environment where your sons are going to pay for your sins. Is he a marketing genius? Probably. Is he creating an environment where the world wide leader in hot garbage is posting stories on its NCAAM page that your 15 year old son is the most hated kid in high school basketball? Yes. He is. His middle son is currently at UCLA and is the least talented of the 3. You think road crowds aren't going to be all over him if he airballs a FT or goes 1-8 from the field? That's going to make for an awesome CBB experience. Hes not doing anything for his kids, hes riding their coat tails into the spotlight and doing all this for him and his own personal gain. Hes a fraud and a POS.

jeffgt14

I don’t disagree with you but he’s made that whole family the hottest news in sports. I don’t believe there is any other way he could have gotten to this position. We are all drawn to stupidity and drama.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I don’t disagree with you but he’s made that whole family the hottest news in sports. I don’t believe there is any other way he could have gotten to this position. We are all drawn to stupidity and drama.

Why does he deserve to be in that position? Hes just another blowhard. I make it a point to not click on the articles. Of course it doesn't matter. Its a Kardashian world............

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why does he deserve to be in that position? Hes just another blowhard. I make it a point to not click on the articles. Of course it doesn't matter. Its a Kardashian world............

Man, this is what you get for continuing to consume BSPN. Stop eatin' that garbage, Peaco.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
On the contrary...he's made himself the hottest news in basketball; his kids? Not so much. Case in point: the other day, I was talking to my wife—who follows both sports and general internet news far more thoroughly than I do—and I mentioned both Lonzo and Lamelo Ball. She was at a loss to understand who I was talking about, saying that the only "Ball" she had heard of in the news was that "Lavar Ball guy". If she hadn't heard of the sons at all, then its a pretty safe bet that they are way below the radar of mainstream news coverage.

Lavar is not using the attention on himself to promote the basketball abilities (or lack thereof) of his kids. Quite the contrary: he started by exploiting the basketball abilities (olt) of his kids to leverage more attention for himself, and has graduated to simply exploiting the media attention on himself to leverage more attention for himself. The kids are no longer even part of the equation. (How long, do you think, until Lavar starts referring to Lavar in the third person?)

I'm with Peacone on this (although calling Lavar a POS is an insult to :poop: everywhere).

jeffgt14

On the contrary...he's made himself the hottest news in basketball; his kids? Not so much. Case in point: the other day, I was talking to my wife—who follows both sports and general internet news far more thoroughly than I do—and I mentioned both Lonzo and Lamelo Ball. She was at a loss to understand who I was talking about, saying that the only "Ball" she had heard of in the news was that "Lavar Ball guy". If she hadn't heard of the sons at all, then its a pretty safe bet that they are way below the radar of mainstream news coverage.

Lavar is not using the attention on himself to promote the basketball abilities (or lack thereof) of his kids. Quite the contrary: he started by exploiting the basketball abilities (olt) of his kids to leverage more attention for himself, and has graduated to simply exploiting the media attention on himself to leverage more attention for himself. The kids are no longer even part of the equation. (How long, do you think, until Lavar starts referring to Lavar in the third person?)

I'm with Peacone on this (although calling Lavar a POS is an insult to :poop: everywhere).
That AAU game between LaMelo and Zion would have not gotten anywhere close to the attention.